Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Five Coaches in the 16 Region.

Featured Replies

:puke::puke:

This is just one man's opinion. I think its a combination of things.

 

Talent pool

coaching "style"

Politics surrounding Ashland Basketball. There are a lot of "factors" surrounding the program that do more harm than good.

 

I think Coach Biggs is a very good coach with a great understanding of the game. A lot of "factors" have hindered him from applying his coaching skills to the fullest. Even with that said he IS a VERY GOOD coach.

 

As I said that's just my opinion. Ashland has a great history but a lot of times people forget it's not the sixties anymore when Ashland was a state powerhouse. As the Ashland area has grown outward so have the schooling options for young students. This has spread out the talent throughout the area surrounding Ashland.

:puke:Buddy Biggs :deadhorse:
  • Replies 104
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:puke::puke::puke:Buddy Biggs :deadhorse:

 

Hey please don't mistake me as an Ashland fan.:ohbrother: I was trying to be nice and give a rational answer to a persons question.

I'll tell you why the whole senior class QUIT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THEY DIDN'T LIKE BEING TOLD THE TRUTH AND WORKING HARD!! The boys playing over, what would have been the senior class, are better athletes. Buddy tells you the truth, won't let you get by with anything, and expects you to give 100% everytime out. He's expects you to be as great as you can, WITHOUT comparing you to others.

 

Also, my son (and daughter) will NEVER QUIT ANYTHING MIDSEASON!!! They'll finish what they start. Now the boys remaining just have to pick up the pieces and finish out the season.

I'll tell you why the whole senior class QUIT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THEY DIDN'T LIKE BEING TOLD THE TRUTH AND WORKING HARD!! The boys playing over, what would have been the senior class, are better athletes. Buddy tells you the truth, won't let you get by with anything, and expects you to give 100% everytime out. He's expects you to be as great as you can, WITHOUT comparing you to others.

 

Also, my son (and daughter) will NEVER QUIT ANYTHING MIDSEASON!!! They'll finish what they start. Now the boys remaining just have to pick up the pieces and finish out the season.

Anybody can check Bowlings stats and see thats not true.And what about John Baldock-Cody Plank-Matt Rowe-Wes Griffith-JD Adams-I guess none of these kids where good athletes or hard workers.I think everyone is starting to see the real story.And as for Cody quiting in the middle of the season, it killed him to leave a sport he loves but it killed him more to be sat on the bench and watch his team get beat at the Russell game. So IMO :puke:Ashlands V AND JV COACH.
I'll tell you why the whole senior class QUIT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THEY DIDN'T LIKE BEING TOLD THE TRUTH AND WORKING HARD!! The boys playing over, what would have been the senior class, are better athletes. Buddy tells you the truth, won't let you get by with anything, and expects you to give 100% everytime out. He's expects you to be as great as you can, WITHOUT comparing you to others.

 

Also, my son (and daughter) will NEVER QUIT ANYTHING MIDSEASON!!! They'll finish what they start. Now the boys remaining just have to pick up the pieces and finish out the season.

 

I agree.

 

Anybody can check Bowlings stats and see thats not true.And what about John Baldock-Cody Plank-Matt Rowe-Wes Griffith-JD Adams-I guess none of these kids where good athletes or hard workers.I think everyone is starting to see the real story.And as for Cody quiting in the middle of the season, it killed him to leave a sport he loves but it killed him more to be sat on the bench and watch his team get beat at the Russell game. So IMO :puke:Ashlands V AND JV COACH.

 

 

So quitting is the better option rather than busting his butt and working harder to get back out on the court? That's a great attitude for kids to adapt. I feel sorry for kids who decide to quit. They'll go thru life never holding down a job for very long because they'll quit whenever somebody they don't feel deserves it get's the promotion over them. :rolleyes:

Back to the current coaches discussion, so should coaches without many years under their belt not be considered as a regional "top coach"?

Back to the current coaches discussion, so should coaches without many years under their belt not be considered as a regional "top coach"?

 

 

I see no reason not to consider them.

I see no reason not to consider them.

Some would argue that if you brought Roy Williams into the 16th and he he hadn't been here long enough to be considered.

I personally don't think it matters if the coach has been somewhere for one season or 30 seasons. If they're a good coach, they're a good coach. Rose Hill's coach has had a great season - he is doing something right. Rowan County's coach has his team playing a little better now. His teams won 20 games 5 or 6 times at Class A Somerset. He's a good coach. Its hard to even believe what Justin Moore has done this season at Menifee County - good coach. Jeremy Webb has brought West Carter to the top level of the region this season after a very solid season last year. He's definately a good young coach.

Some would argue that if you brought Roy Williams into the 16th and he he hadn't been here long enough to be considered.

 

 

I would probably agree. He's a pretty good wide receiver, but I don't know about his coaching abilities. :p

I would probably agree. He's a pretty good wide receiver, but I don't know about his coaching abilities. :p

 

:clap:

I would probably agree. He's a pretty good wide receiver, but I don't know about his coaching abilities. :p

The holes in your shoes have migrated to your head.

I am not from Bath Co so I have not seen them play. I am curious what has propelled Bath's improvement in the last 2 years. I'm aware they hired Hicks but having observed him at other locations , has he made that much difference? Did Bath have a run of talent coming up or did kids move in ? Just curious form someone who watches the program.. I assume it might be a combination of good coaching and talent upgrade.

Well for Bath, Hicks was I think the 4th coach in 4 years when they brought him in, so Bath had no stability at all, they also had underachieved with the talent they had. They also have a really good group of Juniors and Seniors right now plus they had an excellent talent in Blandon Clemons last year who is now playing at Kentucky Christian. I think folks will get a better picture of how good Hicks is in the next couple of seasons with classes that aren't as strong coming up. Although he does have a good 8th grade bunch right now on it's way. That group was I think 21-1 last year as 7th graders, although in typical Bath fashion they let go the coach that was running the middle school program and doing a great job it seemed.

I know Mays is not the greatest coach in the world, and if you judge him by his record you can say he is in the lower tier of the 16th. However you have to consider that he has coached for 27 years with the same team. I notice most schools in the 16th change coaches every so often and often when coaches see a bad future coming they jump ship and go somewhere else. Mays has stuck it out with little Elliott. Again I have questioned his coaching many many times, but how many others in this region have coached a team as long as him through good and bad. I dont know just something to think about I guess.

I agree.

 

 

 

 

So quitting is the better option rather than busting his butt and working harder to get back out on the court? That's a great attitude for kids to adapt. I feel sorry for kids who decide to quit. They'll go thru life never holding down a job for very long because they'll quit whenever somebody they don't feel deserves it get's the promotion over them. :rolleyes:

 

I think it might be a bit of a reach to conclude that if a kid quits his high school basketball team that he will never achieve long term employment. :idunno: maybe I'm wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.