Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Five Coaches in the 16 Region.

Featured Replies

I know Mays is not the greatest coach in the world, and if you judge him by his record you can say he is in the lower tier of the 16th. However you have to consider that he has coached for 27 years with the same team. I notice most schools in the 16th change coaches every so often and often when coaches see a bad future coming they jump ship and go somewhere else. Mays has stuck it out with little Elliott. Again I have questioned his coaching many many times, but how many others in this region have coached a team as long as him through good and bad. I dont know just something to think about I guess.

 

Longevity doesn't always equal success.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reality is that before the Faulkners joined May's staff he wasn't considered one of the best.

I know Mays is not the greatest coach in the world, and if you judge him by his record you can say he is in the lower tier of the 16th. However you have to consider that he has coached for 27 years with the same team. I notice most schools in the 16th change coaches every so often and often when coaches see a bad future coming they jump ship and go somewhere else. Mays has stuck it out with little Elliott. Again I have questioned his coaching many many times, but how many others in this region have coached a team as long as him through good and bad. I dont know just something to think about I guess.

 

Mays quit at Elliott Co. for 5 to 7 years late 80's and early 90's. True all of his years were at Elliott.

John Bush? We all know what he is doing and it's great but they currently second place in their district. With the exit of the Hall's at Fairveiw Rex has my vote.

John Bush? We all know what he is doing and it's great but they currently second place in their district. With the exit of the Hall's at Fairveiw Rex has my vote.

 

Good grief! If you are going to talk about Hall's exit how about Jackson, Euton, Davis, and Barbour?

Good grief! If you are going to talk about Hall's exit how about Jackson, Euton, Davis, and Barbour?

 

Are they setting in first place of their district? I didn't think so.

Good grief! If you are going to talk about Hall's exit how about Jackson, Euton, Davis, and Barbour?

 

Nice point! I would be :isurrender:!

Mays quit at Elliott Co. for 5 to 7 years late 80's and early 90's. True all of his years were at Elliott.

 

He didn't quit! He was asked to leave because someone didn't like the way he did things or possibly someone's playing time??????????

He didn't quit! He was asked to leave because someone didn't like the way he did things or possibly someone's playing time??????????

 

Ok the bottom line he did not coach 5-7 years I knew he was asked to leave I just wasn't going to say that. I should have said he stepped down for a while sorry.

Ok the bottom line he did not coach 5-7 years I knew he was asked to leave I just wasn't going to say that. I should have said he stepped down for a while sorry.

 

Why not? Truth is the truth any way you turn it:thumb:

 

I had to reply because there is a difference in quitting and being asked to leave! I was playing for him at the time!!!!!!!!!!

 

No need to apologize though! It didn't upset me or nothing

Why not? Truth is the truth any way you turn it:thumb:

 

I had to reply because there is a difference in quitting and being asked to leave! I was playing for him at the time!!!!!!!!!!

 

Man how old is Mays?

This is just one man's opinion. I think its a combination of things.

 

Talent pool

coaching "style"

Politics surrounding Ashland Basketball. There are a lot of "factors" surrounding the program that do more harm than good.

 

I think Coach Biggs is a very good coach with a great understanding of the game. A lot of "factors" have hindered him from applying his coaching skills to the fullest. Even with that said he IS a VERY GOOD coach.

 

As I said that's just my opinion. Ashland has a great history but a lot of times people forget it's not the sixties anymore when Ashland was a state powerhouse. As the Ashland area has grown outward so have the schooling options for young students. This has spread out the talent throughout the area surrounding Ashland.

 

 

Great post! I believe the same statements could have been made for a few recent Ashland coaches.

I still don't understand the inclusion of Hicks on many of the list.

He didn't quit! He was asked to leave because someone didn't like the way he did things or possibly someone's playing time??????????

 

Why not? Truth is the truth any way you turn it:thumb:

 

I had to reply because there is a difference in quitting and being asked to leave! I was playing for him at the time!!!!!!!!!!

 

No need to apologize though! It didn't upset me or nothing

Okay, I have to ask, were your parents upset about your playing time?

Dale has Hollywood made any calls to you after your performance in the Courier Journal video on Elliott County?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.