Notre Dame Football

chickenliver3

Im glad you can assume what i know and dont know about the program.

This year no, but in years past i think colder weather would help the Irish against USc. Notre dame is going through some tough times the past couple years but some forget how bad Usc was in the 80's and early 90's.

As a rabid Trojan fan, I certainly was not happy with the winless streak to Notre Dame from 1983-1995. However, we had 3 top 10 finishes in the 80's, and several conference championships, and at least 2 Rose Bowl victories. The mid to late 90's were bad.

I think what will help the Irish against USC is better players, not colder weather.

I am highly respectful of this rivalry, its place in football legend and lore, and with both schools. I am glad the Shilleagh is with the Men of Troy right now, but I think it undermines the history of the series to suggest that somehow a little snow and low temperatures is going to magically reverse the last seven years' domination.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could that be--the schedule was set-up three years ago.

I realize that. It's an incredibly weak schedule though, and it coincides with Weis being on the hot seat, so it's likely that if they do well, even getting beat by a superior team in a bowl game, that he keeps his job because of it.

It's a weak schedule for a reason. How do they plan to get to where they were playing all top ten teams that are better than them?

Which is true. It is going to be an easy schedule for the next three years. After that they play @ Oklahoma and Arizona State along with USC, BYU and Michigan. If Michigan returns to normal then that will be one of the toughest schedules outside of the SEC.

I don't mind the weak schedule, OSU does it every year.

I don't mind the weak schedule, OSU does it every year.

AMEN and what does it give OSU every year, national rankings until they flop and an automatic BCS berth.

No one wanted to commend ND on their VERY HARD schedule they've had in the past but now people are fast to condemn it.