Notre Dame Football

chickenliver3

This is the type of class Notre Dame needed. Last week it was ranked 25 by rivals.com and have the signings yesterday they could say maybe a top 10 class. Getting the LB from Hawaii is huge. He will be able to manage that defense very well. Looking forward to watching a lot of these guys next year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN and what does it give OSU every year, national rankings until they flop and an automatic BCS berth.

No one wanted to commend ND on their VERY HARD schedule they've had in the past but now people are fast to condemn it.

OSU actually plays in a conference, which many argue is absolutely terrible because of their post season stance, but no the less they play in a conference where their are rivalries every where you turn. ND a year ago would have won 2-3 games in the Big 10, depending on who they had on the schedule.

Which is true. It is going to be an easy schedule for the next three years. After that they play @ Oklahoma and Arizona State along with USC, BYU and Michigan. If Michigan returns to normal then that will be one of the toughest schedules outside of the SEC.

I don't mind the weak schedule, OSU does it every year.

OSU has to play 4 conference games, they play a tough OOC games then they play some of the lower level D-1 teams. ND doesn't play in a conference, so they have 12 independent games. So this year they played San Diego State(2-10) Washington(0-12) Syracuse(3-9) Stanford(5-7). They did play Michigan State, UNC, and USC, but those are games they play year in and year out. ND has a solid schedule, but they play some weak teams. Ohio State has to worry about winning a conference and getting into the BCS every year, which they have done for the past 4 years. OSU went to USC this year, USC comes to Columbus next year, and in the coming years they will host back to back season games with OU, and Miami, and I believe Florida State.

Regarding ND's scheduling...

Notre Dame plays Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Purdue, Boston College, and Navy on a yearly basis. Traditionally speaking, these programs (with the exception of Navy) are considered year in and year out as, at the very least, good programs. The others on their schedule typically fluctuate between perennial contenders or mid-level BCS type schools. They have consistently played teams such as Tennessee, Florida State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, etc. With the exception of the military schools, last season and the next are the first I can remember ND ever going outside one of the BCS conference schools to play a game. I doubt, well let me take that back, I know not a single other BCS conference school can say the same thing. In short, while ND may not schedule the top 10 teams in the country each season, they never schedule games against 1-AA foes and as we have seen, very few times against mid-major D-1 schools.

AMEN and what does it give OSU every year, national rankings until they flop and an automatic BCS berth.

No one wanted to commend ND on their VERY HARD schedule they've had in the past but now people are fast to condemn it.

:thumb:

Notre Dame plays Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Purdue, Boston College, and Navy on a yearly basis. Traditionally speaking, these programs (with the exception of Navy) are considered year in and year out as, at the very least, good programs. The others on their schedule typically fluctuate between perennial contenders or mid-level BCS type schools. They have consistently played teams such as Tennessee, Florida State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, etc. With the exception of the military schools, last season and the next are the first I can remember ND ever going outside one of the BCS conference schools to play a game. I doubt, well let me take that back, I know not a single other BCS conference school can say the same thing. In short, while ND may not schedule the top 10 teams in the country each season, they never schedule games against 1-AA foes and as we have seen, very few times against mid-major D-1 schools.

I was going to respond to Beastly but this pretty much took the words out of mouth.

I didn't say Notre Dame plays an extremely weak schedule, I just said why would you compare it to OSU's when they play in a conference which consists of 8 games, and they are bidding to win it year in and year out. They may play Ohio,Akron, Kent State, but they also throw in a USC, a Oklahoma, a Florida State as well. They had Washington 2 years ago, but when that game was written up, Washington was in the middle of a hot run, they were a good football team. Ohio State has to play 4 games before they head into a conference who has built in rivalries in every game. I know people knock the Big 10, but inside it is a tough conference. Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State, Northwestern, and teams like IU and Illinois who will give a team inside that conference fits on any day of the week, and once Michigan returns back to its original ways, the Big 10 is a tough conference to play in. But that's just me talking. As for ND, I know they play USC, Michigan State, and UNC, they play some good teams. They also play weaker teams. I named off 3 teams they played this season who had a combined record of 10-38. Just because they play a team from a BCS conference makes it meaningful? Because you play a Washington from the Pac 10, and a Syracuse from the Big East, that means its going to be a tough game?

Hopefully he doesn't flop

He's only going to be around for the first year. After that he's going to take his mission. He says that he'll be coming back to ND after that, but I can't see him using all 4 years of eligibility. If he does, then he wasn't as good as advertised.

He's only going to be around for the first year. After that he's going to take his mission. He says that he'll be coming back to ND after that, but I can't see him using all 4 years of eligibility. If he does, then he wasn't as good as advertised.

I heard the same thing about the mission.

I heard the same thing about the mission.

Most articles are saying that that was the major deciding factor, the fact that Weiss was so cool with it. Sounds like the kid is very faith conscious, so if you aren't going to go a LDS school, Notre Dame's environment would be the next best thing.

I'm 90% sure ND has played North Carolina previously.

OK, my mistake but still my point was not to water ND's schedule down in the past with NC on it because they are not usually on it, like it was said only twice in their history.