January 24, 200917 yr If he leads to the Cardinals to a Super Bowl victory, then he's definitely in. That would give him 3 Super Bowls and 2 rings. However, as it is now, and if they lose, I don't see him as a lock. He may get in, but I don't see it as a certainty. A win next Sunday ends any debate....especially if he wins MVP or plays well or engineers a dramatic game-winning drive.
January 27, 200917 yr I didn't know if everyone knew about how Kurt met his wife.:thumb: Kurtis The Stock Boy & Brenda The Checkout > Girl. > > In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily > working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking > for a carry out at register 4. Kurtis was almost finished, > and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the > call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile > caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful. She > was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he > fell in love. > > Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited > by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the > break room, smiled softly at him, took her card and punched > out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA. He walked > out only to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he > waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her > a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she accepted. > When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her > again, outside of work. She simply said it wasn't > possible. > > He pressed and she explained she had two children > and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to > pay for the baby-sitter. Reluctantly she accepted his offer > for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night > he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that she > was unable to go with him. The baby-sitter had called and > canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's > take the kids with us." > > She tried to explain that taking the children was > not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he > pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet her > children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as > a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a > wheelchair. He was born a paraplegic with Down Syndrome. > > Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't > understand why the kids can't come with us?" > Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with > two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her > first husband and father of her children had done. Kurtis > was not ordinary - - - he had a different mindset. > > That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, > went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything > Kurtis would take care of him. When he needed to use the > restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him > and brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of > the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to > marry and spend the rest of her life with. > > A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted > both of her children. Since then they have added two more > kids. > > So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda > the check-out girl? Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now > live in Arizona , where he is currently employed as the > quarterback of the National Football League Arizona > Cardinals and has his Cardinals in the hunt for a possible > appearance in the Super Bowl. Is this a surprise ending or > could you have guessed that he was not an ordinary person. > > It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the > Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. > > He has also been the NLF's Most Valuable Player > twice and the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player. > > > And now, the rest of the story: > > Today at church our minister mentioned that when > Kurt, his wife and 7 children go out to eat he has one of > his children pick out a family eating at the restaurant. > Kurt then tells the wait staff he is picking up the tab for > that family's dinner annonimously. He remembers the days > he was working nights in the grocery store and feeding his > family on food stamps. > > Makes it hard not to root for the Cardinals IN THE > SUPER BOWL.
January 28, 200917 yr Makes it hard not to root for the Cardinals IN THE SUPER BOWL. I wish Kurt the best, but I will not root for him in the super bowl...
January 29, 200917 yr If he leads to the Cardinals to a Super Bowl victory, then he's definitely in. That would give him 3 Super Bowls and 2 rings. However, as it is now, and if they lose, I don't see him as a lock. He may get in, but I don't see it as a certainty. A win next Sunday ends any debate....especially if he wins MVP or plays well or engineers a dramatic game-winning drive. :thumb: My thoughts on it exactly.
February 2, 200917 yr I still say yes. There is nothing I can think of to argue against him being in.
February 2, 200917 yr Yes! Kurt Warner is a no doubt a H.O.F. player and was before this super bowl imo.
February 2, 200917 yr I thought Kurt was sorta on the fence, but I think after this super bowl performance even though they didnt win he is a hall of famer. Not first ballot but he will been there.
February 2, 200917 yr He was absolutly amazing tonight especially when it counted in the 4th. I think he was almost 13 of 15. He had like 380yds 3TD's and 1 pick vs the best d in the NFL supposedly.
February 2, 200917 yr An outstanding year and every interview I see with Warner, makes me think he's an even better guy. Hope he gets into the HOF and tonight, will only help that cause.
February 2, 200917 yr Yes. Even after a loss, he should be in. His postseason numbers are spectacular and even though they lost, he really played very well against the best defense in the NFL.
February 2, 200917 yr Yes. Even after a loss, he should be in. His postseason numbers are spectacular and even though they lost, he really played very well against the best defense in the NFL. Yes, he is a great player! I would vote for him everytime.
February 2, 200917 yr He is in and anyone who thinks anything else is just wrong. I mean there is not much more he could do and he still has a year or 2 left.
February 2, 200917 yr He is in and anyone who thinks anything else is just wrong. I mean there is not much more he could do and he still has a year or 2 left. He is a great player and a class act! I wish there was more like him.
February 2, 200917 yr He is a great player and a class act! I wish there was more like him. I agree and I think that will be what puts him over the top. He is defenitely one of my favorite players and hope he can make another run even though it is unlikely.
February 2, 200917 yr I agree and I think that will be what puts him over the top. He is defenitely one of my favorite players and hope he can make another run even though it is unlikely. I was hearing retirement from friends, but didn't hear it myself.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.