Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who are your Final Four Teams?

Featured Replies

It just depends on how you look at it.

 

More losses = Worse seed = Tougher road to the Final Four

 

The selection committee wouldn't frown on a six or seven loss BEast team as much as a team with a similar record from another conference... But what I was referring to was the battle-tested experience BE teams get in conference play. How many other leagues do you never have a night off?

  • Replies 101
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Until they are out of it...I ALWAYS think they can make it. Plus, it's way more fun to post that and watch Louisville's inferiority complex yield it's ugly head as it always does.

 

Shhhhh! You'll ruin the fun! ;)

Until they are out of it...I ALWAYS think they can make it.

 

Ignorance is bliss. :lol:

1 ACC team in the final four? 8 of 10

2 ACC teams in the Final Four? 4 of 10

3 ACC teams in the Final Four? 2 of 10

 

Keep in mind, the three that you want would most likely have to be all 1's and 2's, the season is still young.

 

Edit... I had a bad link.

The selection committee wouldn't frown on a six or seven loss BEast team as much as a team with a similar record from another conference... But what I was referring to was the battle-tested experience BE teams get in conference play. How many other leagues do you never have a night off?

 

I understand the battle tested argument, but there are two sides to is.

 

Never have a night off? Check the bottom five or six teams in the conference.

I've been waiting for the ACC crowd to come in and bust some SEC chops for the way they are fawning over them over the Big East... :popcorn:

 

I've been waiting for a Big East/ACC argument where you don't bring up the SEC.

Brutal conference schedules for BEast teams benefit them in the tournament... Hard to argue otherwise.

 

2008: Big East

1 - Elite Eight, 3 Sweet 16's

 

2007: Big East

1 - Final Four, 2 Sweet 16's

 

2006: Big East

2 Elite Eight, 3 Sweet 16's

 

Not bad, but not great for a huge SUPER-POWER either.

Edit... I had a bad link.

 

I see what you mean, but in past years the difference in talent in the conferences has never been this bad, It's....

 

ACC

Big East

 

 

 

 

 

Next conference...

 

 

So that's why I'm thinking there is a better chance than normally.

Until they are out of it...I ALWAYS think they can make it. Plus, it's way more fun to post that and watch Louisville's inferiority complex yield it's ugly head as it always does.

 

Who is a Louisville fan?

The selection committee wouldn't frown on a six or seven loss BEast team as much as a team with a similar record from another conference... But what I was referring to was the battle-tested experience BE teams get in conference play. How many other leagues do you never have a night off?

Rutgers, USF, Seton Hall....I'm just sayin'.

2008: Big East

1 - Elite Eight, 3 Sweet 16's

 

2007: Big East

1 - Final Four, 2 Sweet 16's

 

2006: Big East

2 Elite Eight, 3 Sweet 16's

 

Not bad, but not great for a huge SUPER-POWER either.

 

I would call that bad for a super-power.

2008: Big East

1 - Elite Eight, 3 Sweet 16's

 

2007: Big East

1 - Final Four, 2 Sweet 16's

 

2006: Big East

2 Elite Eight, 3 Sweet 16's

 

Not bad, but not great for a huge SUPER-POWER either.

 

2006 I thought they had a chance to win the title from a few teams. Didn't get that feeling in 07 or 08. It's was a very young conference then that is now VERY experienced...

Who is a Louisville fan?
I forgot that you switched your college team dependent on sport, convenience, etc. :cool:
Ignorance is bliss. :lol:
Ain't it though?

 

Honestly, with the SEC being terrible, and the Cats looking good...I'm sure I'll talk myself into it before the season is over. :lol:

Where are "all the UK's" at? I see 1 and that is from a guy who's locations is, "Embarressing UK "fans" with my predictions".

 

...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.