Juvenile Crime – Are These Contributors?

Run To State

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My opinion is that these things aren't part of the problem at all, it's poor parenting more than anything else followed by kids hanging around a bad crowd.

Your feelings?

My feelings are the same as yours.

Nature over nurture, no doubt about it. I personally feel a child is either born evil or not.

I've long believed in something that I call (I can't claim ownership) the "rubber band theory". Genetics determines the size of the rubber band. Environment determines how far it stretches.

Serious juvenile crime hit a peak in 93/94 and has gone down since according to the FBI.

Crime statistics can be altered to favor the needs of the group presenting them. I'm not saying this is the case here. But I would challenge this with the knowledge that the total # of these crimes has climbed, along with a greater percentage of them going unsolved. Since you can't prove who did something, you can't specifically lump it as a juvenile crime, even though it was most likely committed by a youth. Kids are becoming better/smarter thugs.

Crime statistics can be altered to favor the needs of the group presenting them. I'm not saying this is the case here. But I would challenge this with the knowledge that the total # of these crimes has climbed, along with a greater percentage of them going unsolved. Since you can't prove who did something, you can't specifically lump it as a juvenile crime, even though it was most likely committed by a youth. Kids are becoming better/smarter thugs.

Crime stats can be altered for many reasons :thumb:.

A lot of crimes are unreported also. Crimes committed by adults and juveniles that is..

As far as drug related crimes, they are being better coached all the time!