How many out-of-region games does your school play?

Holmes plays 16 non region games:

Bryan Station, Scott Co, Knox Central, Ballard, Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Seneca, Oldham Co, Henderson Co, Franklin Co, Harrison Co, Largo (MD), Scott, Hazard, Campbell Co, Simon Kenton

Not that it matters, Holmes has 13 nuetral or away games of 16 :idunno:

Franklin County plays out of region: 14

Bullitt East, Boyle, Butler, Mason County, 3 in tourney in NY, Shelby County, Holmes, Dixie Heights, Montgomery County, Central Hardin, GRC, and Anderson County and had one cancelled.

Montgomery County has 19 plus the Toyota Classic that the first game is Male so that makes 20.

Wow! I believe in significant out-of-region play, but I would think that there's a point of diminishing return. You do, after all, have to beat the REGION teams to get a crack at those other schools in Rupp...that leaves precious few opportunities for Montgomery County to see region rivals...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But some districts require each team within that district to play twice (home and away). That would be 6 games. I've been told that tournaments count as 1 game on a schedule. There is a 23 game limit on varsity basketball. Some of these schedules just don't add up. Sounds like some districts don't require district regular season games or at least two games against each opponent.

Edited by gold sunrise
Fule #13

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But some districts require each team within that district to play twice (home and away). That would be 6 games. I've been told that tournaments count as 1 game on a schedule. There is a 23 game limit on varsity basketball. Some of these schedules just don't add up. Sounds like some districts don't require district regular season games or at least two games against each opponent.

In the 40th we don't play each team in our district twice. We do Montgomery Co, but only play Paris and Bourbon once, and yes we do seed.

Holy Cross (Covington) plays 11 out of region games.

Mason County, Louisville Christian, Seven Hills (OH), Scott, Calvary Christian, Withrow, Walton, Henderson Co., Grant Co., Oldham Co., and Bishop Brossart.

7 of these were on the schedule and the other 4 were played in the Lloyd Memorial Invitational.