Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)

Didn't Campbell just beat Beechwood and just lost to Scott by 2 at Scott. Don't understand your reasoning.

Exactly and thats what I just replied back to NKY. Its hard to replaced them because of that game although I believe Beechwood is playing better ball than Campbell right now so yeah thats why I'm glad I don't have to vote in the polls. Each team has a very viable case.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Shumate and the Tigers! They are definitely making a statement that they are for real. One coach friend of mine has been singing Shumate's praises since he was hired to coach at Beechwood and Shumate is proving him so right. Beechwood is a very solid, well balanced team with no real weakness. I feel Beuttel is the key player for them handling the ball on the point and a deadly outside shot that keeps opposing defenses from packing it in against them.

Playing better ball? A loss to Scott by 2 at Scott who is ranked in the state.

Scott gets tons of respect for winning tough games and Campbell gets slighted for beating Beechwood and coming within a rim out at the buzzer from winning at Scott.

I'm not very impressed with Scott, so a 2 point LOSS to them doesn't really do anything for me.

I just think they should be in their with the way they are playing NOW. Big wins against Cov Cath and now Highlands. The loss to Campbell was earlier in the season and an off game for the Tigers. The weekly poll is how a team is playing right now and right now Beechwood deserves to be a top 5 team.

Playing better ball? A loss to Scott by 2 at Scott who is ranked in the state.

Scott gets tons of respect for winning tough games and Campbell gets slighted for beating Beechwood and coming within a rim out at the buzzer from winning at Scott.

You make a very valid point.

But you also have to say that Beechwood beat a team that was ranked in state, and they (Highlands) were ranked ahead of Scott too.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm a Scott fan and I'm a big 37th district homer but I'm just saying both teams have very valid arguments to be in the top 5.

With that being said though I think Campbell should be ranked ahead of Beechwood, at least for the time being.

I'm not very impressed with Scott, so a 2 point LOSS to them doesn't really do anything for me.

Scott had some impressive wins this year and were very hot coming off the long winter break. I think the cold front thats come through though has cooled them off slightly:lol:. They weren't playing as well as they were coming off the winter tournament but they are still finding ways to win games.

Ok then, I see your view. That makes sense NKY. Thanks for the clarification.

Do you still think highly of Highlands? Loss to Brossart and now Beechwood?

I've never been high on Highlands. They were pretty hot though reeling off seven straight before this game. It's all about matchups and who is playing well at the time anyway. As I've said many times, 2-13 is anyone's guess. If I had to pick a team right now between Campbell and BWood... I'd have to take Beechwood.

Highlands certainly didnt look like a Top 15 team tonight but have shown they are very good, just not tonight.

Really? I didn't think they looked thaaat bad. They looked pretty much typical of what I've seen from them this year. They did the things they do well... well and they did the things they do poorly... poorly. I just thought Beechwood exploited weaknesses, and made a few key plays they really needed.

I don't think this game hurts Highlands much. They didn't play horrible, and they found some things out about themselves. Good one to learn from and make them better.