Beechwood 58 Highlands 54 (OT)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I wouldn't worry about being ranked honestly. It means absolutely nothing this year, and it's a job I wouldn't want.

I agree. After Holmes, all seems to be a crapshoot and depends on who gets hot on the right night.

I will say this though...the people criticizing Beechwood and saying they can't beat a team who plays good defense have a lot of crow to eat tonight. (myself included)

I agree. After Holmes, all seems to be a crapshoot and depends on who gets hot on the right now.

I will say this though...the people criticizing Beechwood and saying they can't beat a team who plays good defense have a lot of crow to eat tonight. (myself included)

They pass the ball in the interior so well... it's an absolute pleasure to watch. I agree that they are definitely legit. I'll also say I was somewhat unimpressed with Highlands D tonight.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about being ranked honestly. It means absolutely nothing this year, and it's a job I wouldn't want.

Actually, it means absolutely nothing the entire year. Just wondering if anyone was ready to call them a "Top 5" team.

Could you imagine if Holmes wasn't the force they are right now. It could have been the most wide open ninth region in high school history!

Yeah it's a catch 22 if Holmes wasn't ridiculously good then it would be probably the most exciting year of basketball in NKy in a long time. However, it'd be awesome to see a state championship and Holmes has a great shot at doing it. Plus it's fun to watch such talent right here in our hometown.

They pass the ball in the interior so well... it's an absolute pleasure to watch. I agree that they are definitely legit. I'll also say I was somewhat unimpressed with Highlands D tonight.

From what I heard from several at the game, it was foul trouble that got Highlands in trouble tonight...not their defense. Dill fouled out first minute of OT and Kowolonek had to sit much of the game in foul trouble and couldn't play as aggressive as he normally does. Grubbs also didn't play tonight because he's sick which was a big loss.

AJ Smith was the MVP of this game IMO. Everybody has been saying he isn't much of a factor but I think he played the best out of anybody on the floor IMO. are there any stats for this game?

Heard Smith didn't score much but his presence down low was HUGE for the Tigers tonight.

Heard Smith didn't score much but his presence down low was HUGE for the Tigers tonight.

It was. But he stepped up at the right moments. He had some huge rebounds and a couple clutch and 1s. I was at the game and I thought he scored a decent amount though but I dont have any stats.

From what I heard from several at the game, it was foul trouble that got Highlands in trouble tonight...not their defense. Dill fouled out first minute of OT and Kowolonek had to sit much of the game in foul trouble and couldn't play as aggressive as he normally does. Grubbs also didn't play tonight because he's sick which was a big loss.

I would say you are right not being able to keep up and having to foul was a problem in this game for Highlands. I would also attribute that to not being that great on defense.