Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dungy steps down as Colts coach

Featured Replies

Cowher just doesn't seem the type to give that much freedom to a Quarterback.

 

Cowher also never had a qb that he could give that much freedom to.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Bill Cowher to Indy ??

 

The Colts have already named the successor.

I hope Irsay looks for a coach with head coaching experience. Caldwell is not the right man for the job.

Hall of fame guy...he talked to me for about 10 mintues about his cover 2 when he was in Tampa and I was a snot-nosed middle linebacker trying to get better, he even personally showed me what I was doing wrong in my hip turn. He didn't do this at a camp; he did this at a restaurant when he found out what position I played. He can do no wrong in my eyes and I hope he enjoys retirement.

 

He is a Hall of Fame coach to me; I hope he comes back!

I figured that he would step down. I hate to see him go.

 

agree...:thumb:

But the reality is that as a coach he hadn't done a whole lot in the NFL in terms of postseason success outside of that one year where they finally broke through for a title. He finished 9-10 in the postseason as a head coach, and 4 wins came in the Super Bowl season.

 

There's a lot of coaches/teams that would love to have that type of "disappointment" in the playoffs (hello Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Jets, Raiders, etc.) Fact is, winning a Super Bowl puts you in elite company with the all-time greats. (Lombardi, Walsh, etc.) Not having won it multiple times does not diminish his accomplishments.

 

Bottom line...his coaching between the lines will always be up for debate...his actions off the field will never be criticized. Sad day for the NFL...they need more guys like him.

Might be a classy move to name Caldwell...but I heard his overall college record as a head coach. Not sure if he is the caliber needed to run this organization.

There's a lot of coaches/teams that would love to have that type of "disappointment" in the playoffs (hello Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Jets, Raiders, etc.) Fact is, winning a Super Bowl puts you in elite company with the all-time greats. (Lombardi, Walsh, etc.) Not having won it multiple times does not diminish his accomplishments.

 

Bottom line...his coaching between the lines will always be up for debate...his actions off the field will never be criticized. Sad day for the NFL...they need more guys like him.

 

Great Post CSF. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

He is one of my all time favorite coaches! Great book Quit Strength if you all haven't read it. He has changed a lot of lifes and will change many more. MAJOR loss for the NFL but I respect him for doing what he felt like he was being called to do.

Great person, great coach, glad to see him leave on his own terms.

It is good to see somebody actually keep sports in perspective and that there are more important things in life. I like Dungy and hate to see him go, but I understand why he is retiring.

He is one of my all time favorite coaches! Great book Quit Strength if you all haven't read it. He has changed a lot of lifes and will change many more. MAJOR loss for the NFL but I respect him for doing what he felt like he was being called to do.

 

:thumb::thumb: Dungy define the word "Class", the NFL certainly needs more like him.

Hall of Famer on and off the field. He would be a considered a winner by many people even if he had a losing record and never made the playoffs.

Sad to see him go, but I'm happy to see him leave on his own terms.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.