Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dungy steps down as Colts coach

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sort of had the feeling this would happen.

 

Classy guy and solid coach that wants to do more important things with his life.

Hate to see Dungy go, but hello Jim Caldwell...

One of my absolute favorite people in all of the world, let alone the sports world. I hope he has a huge impact on those young men he wants to work with.

I like Tony Dungy, I really do. I liked him as coach of Tampa Bay and I liked him in Indy. But the reality is that as a coach he hadn't done a whole lot in the NFL in terms of postseason success outside of that one year where they finally broke through for a title. He finished 9-10 in the postseason as a head coach, and 4 wins came in the Super Bowl season. 4 of his 7 years in Indy they lost the first game they played, and this is with one of the greatest QBs ever in his prime.

 

As a human being he has done much greater things and is meant to do much greater things still. I'm glad he is focusing on the area of his life where he has had much greater success and impact.

Tony Dungy imo should be a H.O.F. coach, there is no doubt that he is a great coach and that Dungy is an even greater man. My personal opinion is that he will go into some kind of ministry to help young people. Dungy has been a leader of men in pro football, not only with the game itself but spiritually as well. Dungy's book..."Quiet Strength" is a great read, the man defines the word class.

Dungy had only one losing season in 13 years as a head coach, his teams made the playoffs in 11 of the 13 years he was a head coach. I wish the best of luck to Tony Dungy, I will miss him coaching in the NFL but I know as I believe that he does that he has a higher calling and he will be making a difference for the better in peoples lives no matter what he decides to do.

Edited by oldrambler
re phrased a sentence

I figured that he would step down. I hate to see him go.

I thought that he was going to step down, which I respect why he is doing it...he was one of my more favorite coaches in the NFL. I think we will see him back in a couple of years, IMO.

I thought that he was going to step down, which I respect why he is doing it...he was one of my more favorite coaches in the NFL. I think we will see him back in a couple of years, IMO.

 

Dungy was my favorite coach in the NFL. He completely turned around and rebuilt the Tampa Bay Bucs and the Indianappolis Colts. Both teams were very bad football teams before he took over. I honestly don't think that Dungy will come back to coaching. I believe like I said earlier that he belives he has a higher calling. I look for him to work with young men, families and other areas of the ministry.

Bill Cowher to Indy ??

 

I think its more likely that Mike Shanahan ends up there than Cowher.

Who ever it is ,will they be able to give Peyton the freedom he has now?

Who ever it is ,will they be able to give Peyton the freedom he has now?

 

Shanahan is an offensive coach and does wonders with Quarterbacks young or old. Just look at the QBs he has coached and developed. Shanahan would fit that ideal mold and possibly even help Peyton more! I just think Shanahan would be the best fit for Manning.

 

Cowher just doesn't seem the type to give that much freedom to a Quarterback.

First off, I respect and admire Dungy not only as a coach but as a person who has a bigger vision and goals outside of the NFL. One of the most respectful guys youll ever see in the league and I think he'll be missed. I think he's done I think the Colts gave him everything he could have asked for and freedoms no one else could match so I dont see him returning. Second off I think Shanahan would be a perfect fit here and could see Peyton go on a run like Elway did toward the end of his days!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.