Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who was your schools most Under Rated player?

Featured Replies

Any players who's dad doesnt go to every practice and kiss the coaches butt at some schools.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russ Chadwell was one of the best in the State, if not the best on his team. The kid could play some ball.

I made that assertion on the other thread about best players, and got flogged! :banana:

Bracken Co - Eddie Hopkins

Bracken Co - Eddie Hopkins

 

How can the schools all time leading scorer be underrated. For Bracken Co. (and I'm going on what I've heard, not seen) I would say Nicky Youngman.

 

A more modern day would be Derrick Wright.

I don't know about Spencer, I thought that he was named MVP of Region Tournament his Sr. year, hard to call a guy underrated when he is an All-Tournament Selection or MVP.

Ross Czarnik from St. Henry was very under rated. The best defender on the 2003 team that lost to Mason Co in the Sweet 16 and maybe the best defender in the state that year.

 

:thumb:

 

I don't know about best defender in the state, but Ross did all of the little things on that team. Didn't offer too much offensively, which is why he's easy to overlook. But that team would not have won the 9th region without him.

Chadwell was somewhat before my time. I was born in '84, but heard he could really play. Went on to play at Georgetown College if I'm not mistaken. Definitely a player though.

Scott Co.- A.W. Hamilton and Casey Alsop.

Ashland- Matt Thomas

For Corbin, I'll have to go with Kerry Sipple.

For Henry Clay, Bryan Turnage played forward for them a couple of years ago. He was about 5'11" and could touch the top of the square. He rebounded, defended, scored, blocked shots, made steals......literally did it all!

 

Other players got more recognition, but he is one of the most effective high school players I have ever seen!

For Newport Catholic - Aaron Mann '95

Morgan County

 

Mark "Yachy" Hopkins in 1988 and Mikie Day in 1995

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.