Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who was your schools most Under Rated player?

Featured Replies

Going off the thread of who was your schools best player ever I thought I'd see what everyone thought about who might be their schools most under rated player. We all had that guy who did the dirty work and hustled but didnt get as much recognization as the star. Just a few from Mason from my day I'd have to go with Litzinger, Wes Jones, and maybe even Casey Pfeffer. If it wasnt for Pfeffer hitting the 3 right before lofton hits the game tying 3 against trinty in the 3 overtime battle it would have never got that far. So who where your schools most under rated players?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland- Bob Braden

Fairview- Jeff Mullins aka "Meaux"

Russell- Joe Dillow

Boyd County - Chad Stevens / Tracey Shumway

Holy Family- John Bauer / Jeff Keller

Ashland- Mike Craft / Dale Sexton

Rose Hill - Mike Armstrong

Pendleton County-Tyler Mains

Rose Hill-Chris Stemmer. You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him

Lewis County- Tom Wamsley

 

I agree, he could do it all!!

It's not often that many Clay Co. players are under-rated, but I'd say Shane Brumley from the '98 Clay Co. team.

 

Another under-rated from the now 13th was South Laurel's Warren Gross. He was the one player South with "state-level" quickness, and was big in the first half of their semi-final win over PRP.

 

Until the end of his senior year when he was named a KY Senior All-Star, I would have said Cumberland's Desmond Johnson.

Going off the thread of who was your schools best player ever I thought I'd see what everyone thought about who might be their schools most under rated player. We all had that guy who did the dirty work and hustled but didnt get as much recognization as the star. Just a few from Mason from my day I'd have to go with Litzinger, Wes Jones, and maybe even Casey Pfeffer. If it wasnt for Pfeffer hitting the 3 right before lofton hits the game tying 3 against trinty in the 3 overtime battle it would have never got that far. So who where your schools most under rated players?

 

 

J LIt was very good, but didn't get much publicity due to Lofton and Grutza. Wes Jones COULD have been a star, and probab;y moved on to the next level if not for the incident during State Tournament. Many in maysville point to that stopping back to back titles.

Somerset-Jordan Mann and Derick Smith

 

Played with them both in college and they are very talented players and even better people!

Grant County - Dustin Plunkett

 

 

Who is Dustin Plunkett? What grade? Varsity?

  • Author
J LIt was very good, but didn't get much publicity due to Lofton and Grutza. Wes Jones COULD have been a star, and probab;y moved on to the next level if not for the incident during State Tournament. Many in maysville point to that stopping back to back titles.

 

Both very true facts. I graduated with wes and have known him since grade school and def feel like along with his scoring power and defense this would have helped save us that year in state and had been only the 7th or 8th school in the history of kentucky high schools to repeat as state champions. May be a rumor but i had heard he might be going somewhere small to play? I said might be a rumor so correct me if im wrong

Both very true facts. I graduated with wes and have known him since grade school and def feel like along with his scoring power and defense this would have helped save us that year in state and had been only the 7th or 8th school in the history of kentucky high schools to repeat as state champions. May be a rumor but i had heard he might be going somewhere small to play? I said might be a rumor so correct me if im wrong

 

That is correct, he is going to play basketball somewhere, but not sure the name of the college.

  • Author
That is correct, he is going to play basketball somewhere, but not sure the name of the college.

 

Thanks for clearing that up! :thumb: I'd talked to him this summer and he said he was going somewhere in ohio in the fall but it didnt pan out so i didnt know if it was the same school now as it was then! but thanks again for clearing that up

Who is Dustin Plunkett? What grade? Varsity?

 

Never mind I misread the thread, I see now that this is not talking about this years team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.