November 29, 200817 yr Evidently Liggins refused to go into the game in the second half.Interesting. Stevenson was flat awful. Meeks filled it up but turned it over a bunch. Porter was not real good but had 5 assists to 4 turnovers. Their passing has become befuddling. Might have to scrap the hi-lo offense and go into a dribble motion weave more, like they did that created some backdoor openings. Surely he didnt Starbury it?
November 29, 200817 yr What time does UK play WV today and what network is covering it? 10:30 on ESPN2 I believe.
November 29, 200817 yr Evidently Liggins refused to go into the game in the second half.Interesting. Stevenson was flat awful. Meeks filled it up but turned it over a bunch. Porter was not real good but had 5 assists to 4 turnovers. Their passing has become befuddling. Might have to scrap the hi-lo offense and go into a dribble motion weave more, like they did that created some backdoor openings. UNREAL!!!!!!!!!
November 29, 200817 yr Yes, its true - Liggins refused to go into the game. Here is a story from the Courier-Journal about it: http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dawson/blog.html?GID=oEj1MrTrGRDdwm2AVwA6L1dXA47t/+0wMEsvBKVTGlU%3Dhttp://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dawson/blog.html?GID=oEj1MrTrGRDdwm2AVwA6L1dXA47t/+0wMEsvBKVTGlU%3D The good news was Meeks with 37 points (where are all those people that said he needs to stop shooting?). The bad news was Meeks with 9 turnovers. Here are a few stats that catch my eye this morning: - Meeks 37 points, 4 steals, 6 rebounds, but 9 turnovers - Stevenson 1 point, 3 rebounds, 5 turnovers - Harris 12 points, but 6 turnovers - Porter 5 points, 5 assists, 4 turnovers - Patterson 14 points, 10 rebounds - Starters had 10 assists and 26 turnovers - Harrelson 14 minutes, 0 points - Miller 14 minutes, 5 points - Liggins 2 minutes? and he refused to enter the game - Galloway 1 minute, no stats, why BCG, why? So, what is going on behind the scenes with this team? Something certainly isn't clicking at this point in the season. I'll take the win and I think they'll be surprsingly good tonight against WVU, even if they are underdogs. I think tonight, we go to Patterson and he makes WVU wish they could stop him on the post. However, if we continue turning it over like we are, it doesn't matter how good we play tonight. The PG's aren't to blame, either. Its everyone on the team. Our starting 5 had 26 turnovers last night - that's unacceptable and that's the bottom line.
November 29, 200817 yr UK won every facet of the game last night, but the 31 turnovers kept it close: Points: UK 74 KSU 72 FG's: UK 28-38 (68.8%) KSU 24-66 (36.4%) FT's: UK 25-35 KSU 17-21 3-PT's: UK 5-8 KSU 7-21 Reb's: UK 32 KSU 25 Asst's: UK 12 KSU 4 Steals: UK 9 KSU 10 Blk's: UK 3 KSU 1 Fouls: UK 20 KSU 27 Turovers: UK 31 KSU 16 It was total dominance in every aspect of the game except for stupid turnovers...
November 29, 200817 yr Always been told, that TO's are a lack of concentration and minimal Basketball IQ. UK has a lot of inexperienced players, getting a lot of minutes and handling the ball. Meeks is doing everything he possibly can, to carry this team.
November 29, 200817 yr UK has a lot of kinks to work out. Point guard play is still a huge issue for Kentucky. Also Harrelson and Stevenson have got to start scoring some. There are so many problems I see right now, but Gillispie was able to get a lot of those problems straightened out last year so I feel pretty good about the season. If UK can take a pretty good record into conference play (9-3 realistically may be the best case scenerio, but not that likely) then UK can have a very good season. The SEC is not that good.
November 29, 200817 yr Meeks does have a nice shooting game, but he also has 9 turnovers. Patterson needs more than 7 shots, I'm sorry. I know Meeks was hot, but Patterson should be your go to guy. 31 turnovers, and you still win the game. If UK smells 30 turnovers against Huggy bear, I'll go ahead and say the Mountaineers by around 30. Galloway 1 minute? come on. The guy needs minutes, I mean how much worse could it be than playing Porter who had 4 turnovers? Harris played a very nice game, he is playing well for UK this year. The good, Kentucky got to the free throw line a lot, 35 times, they out rebounded the Wildcats 32-25, and they had a team 12 assists to Kansas State's 4. The bad, 31 turnovers, and just 3 offensive rebounds to K State's 15. Nice win for the Cats, should be fun to watch them take on West Virginia..
November 29, 200817 yr What time does the game come on tonight and what TV is carring the game? 10:30 Eastern time on ESPN 2.
November 29, 200817 yr KSU is not that strong this year, so I wouldn't put a whole lot of credence in this game. WVU will beat the Cats bad if UK turns the ball over as many times. Meeks is scoring a lot of points, but IMO, for UK to be effective, it has to be Patterson putting up the points.
November 29, 200817 yr All I saw was the first half but it seemed that UK played better when Harrelson was in for Patterson. I'm sure there where other factors, too, but I thought Harrelson played more of a "facilitator" role and that got UK going.
November 29, 200817 yr My thoughts... - Patterson, please stay out of foul trouble - Stevenson has become a pitiful ball player. I really think I could box him out with little ease despite being 8" shorter - Porter did about all he could do - Harrellson jumps like Billy Hoyle - Meeks is the only creator - I have a hard time seeing UK in the NCAA tourny
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.