November 29, 200817 yr Stevenson has really regressed this season it seems. When P. Patt went down last year Perry came out of no where and really started to play well. I foolishly was expecting an improvement from that coming into this year and that a tandum of him and Patterson being quite well. However, somtimes I question what Perry is even thinking out there. He had a couple of nice blocks, but also set himself up to get swatted a time or two. Furthermore his rebounding was not there at all on both ends of the floor, and never seemed to be able to get position. Staying with position it was like he was having a hard time getting post ups. K-State aside from there basically one big man was challenged a little bit for size, but still Perry could not capitalize. The worst thing I saw out of Stevenson all night was his shots which pretty much seemed very touchless and as if he was just trying to throw the ball at or through the goal. A couple of times he would be in a good position around the rim but just heave it off the backboard or something, by now he definatly should have more awareness of where he is in the paint, and he should have a lot more touch. This year it seems like if he cannot dunk it, then more than likely he will not make it, no matter how close he is, and if my memory serves me right last year near tourney time he was knocking down 15 footers pretty consistently.
November 29, 200817 yr My thoughts... - Patterson, please stay out of foul trouble - Stevenson has become a pitiful ball player. I really think I could box him out with little ease despite being 8" shorter - Porter did about all he could do - Harrellson jumps like Billy Hoyle - Meeks is the only creator - I have a hard time seeing UK in the NCAA tourny I figured I'd add my opinions on to your good points: - Patterson, please stay out of foul trouble - Amen - Stevenson has become a pitiful ball player. I really think I could box him out with little ease despite being 8" shorter - I really think I could push him out of bounds on every rebound situation - Porter did about all he could do - Porter is in the wrong place at the wrong time; he is a fine role player, but he is no PG at this level - Harrellson jumps like Billy Hoyle - I guess there's a reason for that; we need to ask Sidney Dean what's up with him - Meeks is the only creator - Meeks might be an All-American this season - I have a hard time seeing UK in the NCAA tourny - I think this team will win 20 games and make the NCAA Elite Eight, you heard it here first :thumb:
November 29, 200817 yr I figured I'd add my opinions on to your good points: - Patterson, please stay out of foul trouble - Amen - Stevenson has become a pitiful ball player. I really think I could box him out with little ease despite being 8" shorter - I really think I could push him out of bounds on every rebound situation - Porter did about all he could do - Porter is in the wrong place at the wrong time; he is a fine role player, but he is no PG at this level - Harrellson jumps like Billy Hoyle - I guess there's a reason for that; we need to ask Sidney Dean what's up with him - Meeks is the only creator - Meeks might be an All-American this season - I have a hard time seeing UK in the NCAA tourny - I think this team will win 20 games and make the NCAA Elite Eight, you heard it here first :thumb: The only reason they have a chance at 20 wins is because of the weakness of the SEC this year. No way they make the Elite Eight! You heard it first here.:thumb:
November 29, 200817 yr Author [/b] The only reason they have a chance at 20 wins is because of the weakness of the SEC this year. No way they make the Elite Eight! You heard it first here.:thumb: Not hardly. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.