Mercer County

GusMcRae

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd need to check the facts on the whole charter bus thing. It didn't happen exactly as you stated, but I know that is the story Jaggers has told everyone... Charter buses have to be approved by the board and it was never presented to the board for their approval until the day before they were to leave... that isn't proper procedure... At least that is the word from one of the board members Jaggers' referred to in his Advocate Messenger article.

Jaggers knows x's and o's, no doubt about that. There are just a few other attributes or lack thereof that have some of the Mercer folks fed up. You can't deny his winning record and playoff game stats. But the past two years, 5-5 or 6-5, whatever... Mercer had many seasons like that before.

I don't know the facts, nor do I claim to, I just know that when I read that article he was pretty upset with the whole issue. I was just using that situation as an example of him possibly staying if a new superintendent took over which is what I was told today. I can't wait to hear what Marty Jaggers' rumor is the hot news tomorrow. There seems to be at least one a week.

I don't know the facts, nor do I claim to, I just know that when I read that article he was pretty upset with the whole issue. I was just using that situation as an example of him possibly staying if a new superintendent took over which is what I was told today. I can't wait to hear what Marty Jaggers' rumor is the hot news tomorrow. There seems to be at least one a week.

You're right, he was pretty upset in the article and made no bones about it. He does however get 100% support from the current superintendent and I'd say he'd be hard pressed to get another one that backed him like Johnson does.

3 of those 5 teams made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and the other 2 are still playing.Their won-loss record is currently 47-14.The team they lost to in Tenn. is currently playing in the 4A semi finals.

I guess what you are saying is the Titans couldn't beat anyone that is pretty good.

:confused:

You're right, he was pretty upset in the article and made no bones about it. He does however get 100% support from the current superintendent and I'd say he'd be hard pressed to get another one that backed him like Johnson does.

That makes all of this hoopla even more interesting. I would love to know what he is thinking.

I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there. Its not about the wins and losses and anyone in Mercer Co. or close to the football program would know about that. I hear the fans and parents talking about what they want is a good role model, someone the kids respect, a coach respected by the community, his coaching staff (which that goes both ways, assistants respect the head coach and head coach respects the assistants), etc.

I dunno... it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Bingo, Bango, Bongo!:thumb:

I think Marty is a class act his teams always play hard, and know good fundamentals, what he does in his spare time or in his personal life is really no business to anyone else, that is what people fail to realize. He will go somewhere else and probably win and whoever comes to take his place at Mercer will suffer the same fate as him as far as winning and being run out of town.

I think Marty is a class act his teams always play hard, and know good fundamentals, what he does in his spare time or in his personal life is really no business to anyone else, that is what people fail to realize. He will go somewhere else and probably win and whoever comes to take his place at Mercer will suffer the same fate as him as far as winning and being run out of town.

Odviousely, you don't know the truth about the situation. There is more to being a coach than just winning and losing. Setting good examples for young men and women is a major part of being a coach. Also, a coach needs to realize that he is not the only coach and his sport is not the only sport at that school. He failed in both of these situations.

You people kill me!!!!!! Who do you think you are going to get as a coach Jesus himself!!! You are talking all that noise about a coach this and a coach needs to do this. Have any of you ever coached and little league does'nt count!! Everybody has something they are not good about, but Marty Jaggers is a very good football coach, he won a state title, how many coaches can say that!!! Parents are the worst they don't know a thing, you parents kill me if your boy does'nt get the ball enough you complain, if he is not in on every down you complain. Get a grip people you would complain if you had Bear Bryant. You really would complain about the example part because the man loved his whiskey and woman. Get off Marty's back he has done a great job there!!!!!!!!!!!