Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Is Wrong With UK?

Featured Replies

I think first and foremost the lack of a point guard was very evident. It was like watching a gradeschool game with some of the dumbest turnovers and passes that I have seen. Porter is not the guy that can get UK into their offense. He cannot take anyone off the dribble and cannot create his own shot. Why not live or die with Liggins?
It's early but he seems hesitant, when the opportunity to push the ball up the floor, presents itself. He stands too upright, as a PG and won't help in breaking down the defense.

 

He's young and will get better, at looking to pass off the move.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am still disappointed that he didn't play Stewart, Krebs, and even Slone. This would've been a perfect game for those shooters. There wasn't any defense anyways, so give them a shot.

 

I don't think scoring was the problem... I think letting VMI score over 100 was the problem.

Gillespie is EXACTLY what is wrong with the Big Blue! Hal Mumme was a better hire Barnhardt and Billy G both need to go! IMO of course!

Gillespie is EXACTLY what is wrong with the Big Blue! Hal Mumme was a better hire Barnhardt and Billy G both need to go! IMO of course!

 

:laugh::laugh:

The excuse of 14 three's is bad...:lol: Where did the other 70 points come from??

Edited by STRIKE3
edited Rule #8 content

Let's see all of UK's teams other than men's basketball are better since Barnhart took over. The basketball team will be fine, so yeah we should get rid of Barnhart. This grudge someone has with Gillispie is sad.

I don't think scoring was the problem... I think letting VMI score over 100 was the problem.

 

As I said - considering there wasn't any defense played anyways, might as well bring in someone that can shoot 3's with the other team.

Let's see all of UK's teams other than men's basketball are better since Barnhart took over. The basketball team will be fine, so yeah we should get rid of Barnhart. This grudge someone has with Gillispie is sad.

 

I agree.

As I said - considering there wasn't any defense played anyways, might as well bring in someone that can shoot 3's with the other team.

 

Or bring in someone that can play defense. Surely one of the 15 guys over on the bench can guard somebody.

Or bring in someone that can play defense. Surely one of the 15 guys over on the bench can guard somebody.

 

Noone on the team was ready to play defense last night. It was a pickup game.

Noone on the team was ready to play defense last night. It was a pickup game.

 

Honestly it was a bad matchup for them to play man defense on them. Which is why I do blame the loss on Billy G. Which is why I don't get why some of you all give him a free pass for this, when wouldn't do that with that other coach. I mean simply just playing some more players like you said could have helped. Slowing down the pace of the game could have helped, playing some zone could have helped. Actually if he does any of those things, and UK wins the game most likely.

 

This team and Billy G. will be just fine though IMO and have a great season. However lets not just give him a free pass for his 3rd embarrassing lost here at UK now, when some people wouldn't have done that before. Especially when the lost is really on the coach. Thats all I am trying to say here. :thumb:

It's early in the season, you expect growing pains. Coach G is a fine coach and the Cats will be burning on all cylinders come tournament time.

Honestly it was a bad matchup for them to play man defense on them. Which is why I do blame the loss on Billy G. Which is why I don't get why some of you all give him a free pass for this, when wouldn't do that with that other coach. I mean simply just playing some more players like you said could have helped. Slowing down the pace of the game could have helped, playing some zone could have helped. Actually if he does any of those things, and UK wins the game most likely.

 

This team and Billy G. will be just fine though IMO and have a great season. However lets not just give him a free pass for his 3rd embarrassing lost here at UK now, when some people wouldn't have done that before. Especially when the lost is really on the coach. Thats all I am trying to say here. :thumb:

 

The adjustment they should've made was to a matchup zone or tight man-to-man with no helping off of shooters.

Oh... and Michael Porter. I forgot too mention he is the problem!

Oh... and Michael Porter. I forgot too mention he is the problem!

 

He may be part of the problem but he doesn't make out the starting lineup before the games.

 

What do you guys expect him to do ? Refuse to play ?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.