November 19, 200817 yr 1. Lack of talent 2. No point guard 3. No reliable shooters 4. No individual player development 5. No final four appearances in 10 years 6. ZERO offensive scheme 7. Poor spacing 8. We have been successful in two eras: Rupp and Pitino. UK needs to return to an up-tempo style of play. Currently, we have no style of play. Hire a coach who runs this system then recruit to the system. 10. We are currently a has-been program. We cannot compete with the elite programs. I don't disagree with a lot of the stuff you cite in 1 through 7 but I'm going to take the alternative view and say that the Joe B. Hall era was not unsuccessful. 1 National Championship, 3 Final Fours, 3 Elite Eights, 2 Sweet 16 appearances, 1 NIT Title (when the NCAA field was only 32 teams and only 2 per conference allowed), 8 SEC titles in 13 years plus 7 All-American players. (Grevey, Givens, Robey, Macy, Bowie, Turpin, Walker) Add to that the fact he followed a legend and was this successful for this long (few can take it) I think he did a pretty good job. For all of his praise Pitino still has only 1 NCAA ring to go with his accomplishments. (I'm a huge Pitino fan but he did not coach but one team all the way to the NCAA title.)
November 19, 200817 yr Bottom line UK has to develope a PG. Once Liggins gets the sytem down UK will be in much better shape...
November 20, 200817 yr Bottom line UK has to develope a PG. Once Liggins gets the sytem down UK will be in much better shape... :thumb:
November 20, 200817 yr Bottom line UK has to develope a PG. Once Liggins gets the sytem down UK will be in much better shape... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
November 22, 200817 yr Gillispie needs to stop the game day practices I agree, it's a little too much--(I think UK will be OK by conference time.):ylsuper:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.