Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby and Minnesota

Featured Replies

So how many are still with Tubby on here? I am I must say and I was wondering how you think the Golden Goph's would do this year.

 

Coming off a 20-14 (8-10 in Big 10) year, Minnesota lost some key players from a year ago, but they have gained some key freshman and also return some nice guys. Their toughest non conference games are Virginia and Louisville, and they should finish around 4th, maybe 5th in the Big 10.

 

I say they go 19-10 in the regular season, win 2 games in the Big 10 tourney, and at 21-11 make a push for the NCAA tournament..

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think people from Kentucky ever cared about Minnesota. They never play anyone around here usually and have a totally different recruiting base than our universities. I wish Tubby nothing but the best. I guess some followed them when Clem Haskins was there.

They play UofL this year, I'm looking forward to that one.

Ever any chance in the future that UK and Minnesota will hook up for a basketball game?

Ever any chance in the future that UK and Minnesota will hook up for a basketball game?
As soon as the Tourney Committee can make it happen.

I will be pulling for Tubby and the Gophers again this season. As of last season, they are my favorite Big10 team. I say probably middle of the pack in the Big10, hopefully a little higher. I said last season and will continue to say that Tubby Smith will rebuild that program. 9 wins for the Gophers in the year before Tubby took over to 20 wins in his first season. He did lose some key senior starters from last years team and he has some pretty good recruits coming in.

Freshmen will be Freshmen though, they can look great one time down the floor and look terrible the next trip. Like the late, great Al McGuire said..........."the best thing about a freshman is they become a Sophomore".:D

 

First and foremost.....GO U.K.!!!

 

and then......GO GOPHERS!!!

As soon as the Tourney Committee can make it happen.

 

Take that to the bank!!!:thumb:

I love Tubby, and wish him all the best, If UK and Minnesota play in the tourney I'm pulling for Minnesota.

They play UofL this year, I'm looking forward to that one.

Minnesota is not. :lol:

Tubby = :sleep:

 

 

j/k

 

Tubby is a good coach and I'm sure he'll have a well-disciplined team of average to above-average players that manages to win 20 games and make it to the first or second round of the NCAA Tourney. Best of luck to 'ole Ten Loss this season :thumb:

Tubby was a good coach at UK, but he's a great coach in the Big 10. His style of play works perfectly in the Big 10, and I think he might have Minnesota up there in Big 10 Title talks in the next 2-3 years.

I love Tubby, and wish him all the best, If UK and Minnesota play in the tourney I'm pulling for Minnesota.

 

I guess you are not a UK fan then? Or atleast not a true UK fan? I mean as many on here know, I was a big Tubby supporter, and I hope he does great with Minnesota. But in no way, would I ever root for him to beat UK.

I love Tubby, and wish him all the best, If UK and Minnesota play in the tourney I'm pulling for Minnesota.

 

I loved and still respect Tubby and hope he tears up the Big 10. However, I could never pull for another team against UK, no matter how much I admire the coach. That's just wrong for a true UK fan!

Tubby = :sleep:

 

 

j/k

 

Tubby is a good coach and I'm sure he'll have a well-disciplined team of average to above-average players that manages to win 20 games and make it to the first or second round of the NCAA Tourney. Best of luck to 'ole Ten Loss this season :thumb:

As well as to ol' 13 Loss BCG :D

 

I love Tubby, and wish him all the best, If UK and Minnesota play in the tourney I'm pulling for Minnesota.
I am and have been one of the biggest Tubby supporters/defenders on here (Tubby is a great coach and a class person) but I am first and foremost ALWAYS a U.K. fan, no question. I wish Tubby and Minnesota all the best but if it should ever come to a game between U.K. and Minn. then it is U.K. all the way wth me!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.