Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

There is a battle coming - Belfry vs. Johnson Central

Who Wins This Battle? 135 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Battle?

    • Johnson Central Golden Eagles
      67%
    • Belfry Pirates
      32%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I am a Belfry fan and honestly feel that Belfry's lack of a true test, coupled with JC playing at home, and the way Matney will approach this game as opposed to Haywood will be too much for the Piratesto overcome.

 

Matney will have his Eagles believing this is the biggest game in the history of KY football... either JC will come out on fire or come out tight. This will, IMO, be the deciding factor in this game.

 

JC 21

Belfry 10

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder about Belfry's defense. They haven't given up many points this season, but just from listening to a few games on the radio, it seems like they have not been as dominant up front. Belfry has to tackle real well and force some negative plays.

 

It is hard to predict when I have never seen Johnson Central play, but I think the Eagles have played much better competition and have moved the ball at will.

 

I do think both teams will score some points.

 

Johnson Central - 34

Belfry - 28

At Johnson Central.

 

 

 

 

Not that it mattered, JC will roll on by atleast 2 TDs.:banana:

Johnson Central 35-27.

I say Belfry struggles to find the endzone this week. JC should roll on offense.

 

JC 35 Belfry 7

 

Should be a dandy though, you never know with a game like this. Just based on numbers and what Ive seen of JC I pick them big. I honestly think they have a legit shot of taking Highlands down this year if they play a near perfect game.

Sorry Watusi, I just think JC has too much for Belfry this year.

Sorry Watusi, I just think JC has too much for Belfry this year.

 

No need to be sorry. :lol:

 

They are a very good football team and it will take a very good football team to beat them.

The only people I feel sorry for in this game are the people who will have to direct traffic and parking, as well as the people responsible for cleaning the stadium after the game. Goinna be a little crowded in "Johnsonville"

This will be a battle. Good luck to both teams.:fight:

Rain may be a factor in this one as well.

 

Advantage noone... game on turf with two teams who run nearly identical offenses and defenses. Actually, if it rains it may help Belfry very slightly. I would rather have a 3 year starter at QB running the wishbone and doing the ball handling on the handoffs I think.

JC 35

Belfry 20

  • Author

Shocked at poll results

Having only seen JC play in person, I am at a bit of a disadvantage predicting who will take this game. Many posters have alluded to the strength of Central, but the one aspect of this Eagle team which made an impression on me last Friday was their overall team speed. It’s hard for me to imagine that Belfry can match this factor.

 

Although the Eagles have yielded twice as many points as Belfry this season, it doesn’t appear the Pirates accomplished this stat against comparable opponents. Offensively, both teams have eclipsed the 400 point margin, but something tells me this will be a ball control, defensive contest. However...if JC can get to the corners as quickly as I have seen them do, Belfry will have many, many looks at the back of a black jersey.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.