Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

There is a battle coming - Belfry vs. Johnson Central

Who Wins This Battle? 135 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Battle?

    • Johnson Central Golden Eagles
      67%
    • Belfry Pirates
      32%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The weak need to stay home for this, in the words of Jim Ross "Its gonna be a slobber knocker!!!!!!!!"

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would this game be scheduled the week before playoffs??

 

But wow, what a game this will be!!!!!! If I didn't have a game, I would drive to JC.

JD, I think this is the first thing we have ever agreed on! This is gonna be a war baby!!

Who wins this big time game? I say Belfry stays unbeaten 21-20 in a hard fought game.

Belfry is ready

Belfry 20-14

Maybe Watusi or a Moderator can add a poll to this thread, I believe the votes would go nearly 50/50.

I have only one prediction of this game. I think it may be the quickest game to be played in the state Friday night. Other than that, I think this one is to close to call.

:sleep::sleep:

 

Just kidding! This one would be worth the drive to see. I don't know who to pick here.

I'm picking Johnson Central based on their obliteration of Ashland last night. Ashland is not a bad team and Johnson Central dominated them. Of course, part of this is just wishful thinking because if Belfry beats Johnson Central, then my Russell team is for a long cold night come November 21st down in Belfry! :-)

This will be a battle if Belfry brings its game face, but if they play sloppy, JC will eat them alive...Ashland knows now just how good JC is. Believe me Matney will have them pumped at home and he will bring out all the stops to punish Belfry for embarasing them last year. I got to watch JC play against the Canucks and wow what a defense, they hit HARD and often. But as a ex-Belfry player and now fan, I know what Pirate Pride means and when you see Angry Red "D" it ain't never pretty for the other team. Our D will have to step up a notch, bend but not break and it should be close. The winning factors for this game look to me like Pirate speed vs. JC's hard hitting D.

 

BTW watch the Harlow kid, he can play defense!!! His dad was a inside backer when we played a "4 - 4 D" back in the 70's and no one hit any harder than he did and he was just 5'7" and maybe 165 lbs and his son looks to be just as good.

 

Belfry 21

JC 14

Going to have to go with the Eagles in this one. Belfry is a good football team with 2 of the best backs in the area, but I'm afraid that won't be enough. I hope both come out and play well and this game is everything that the mountain community will build it up to be. In the end I'm going to say:

 

Johnson Central: 35

Belfry: 17

Central will be the favorite by at least a TD. It will take a huge effort by the Pirates to pull off a victory against the bigger and more talented Eagles at their place as Matney will definitely have them sky high.

 

I'm anxious to see how the Pirates match up with them. Belfry definitely has enough talent to win the game if everything goes their way and they execute well. Even though they will be the underdog, I'm going to pick my Pirates in a game in the 20s.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.