Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fire Marvin?

Should the Bengals fire Marvin Lewis 54 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the Bengals fire Marvin Lewis

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Where's the option to fire Mike Brown as the owner....
That's your problem. I learned this watching the Bucs flounder under Hugh Culverhouse. Get anybody you guys want as head coach. Won't matter until ownership changes. Sorry.
  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You forgot Leon Hall.

 

What team hits on all their first round picks? You act like the Bengals are the only team in the NFL that doesn't draft an absolute stud every single year in round 1.

 

Hall, and he's pretty good. Maybe we should look in the 90s:scared: Yeah but no studs?? I mean CP was there a couple of years ago. But they miss more than they hit with these guys. I just don't think we should be satisfied with solid and pretty good mixed in with a couple of busts. GT hit the nail on the head though, were they really are bad are in the next couple of rounds.

You don't think he's in the upper echelon when healthy?

 

Sorry, I didn't know he was injured last year.

Sorry, I didn't know he was injured last year.

 

I didn't say he was, did I?

 

Are you going to answer the question?

Where's the option to fire Mike Brown as the owner....

 

I agree 100%...Clearly the problem is Mike Brown...Name one successful coach he has had since he has been in charge?

Marvin wanted all of the thugs out, Brownie made the call on them. I think we badly new a new O-Cord. My main problem with Marvin is his drafts aren't complete. He can find one or two guys but it goes down hill from there.

Marvin wanted all of the thugs out, Brownie made the call on them. I think we badly new a new O-Cord. My main problem with Marvin is his drafts aren't complete. He can find one or two guys but it goes down hill from there.

 

The thing with that is though when those thugs have played. We have been a better team. When those thugs Odell, and Henry were playing all year we had a great season in 2005. Having players like that is not what makes them a bad team, its bad ownership and coaching. Its just a very bad combination we have with both right now...

I went back to 00. I know some aren't Marvins years. But I think we agree he's not the problem. Since 00 CP is the only 1st round choice that has played like one.

Warrick never panned out here

J. Smith was seviceable at best

Lookout had a couple of decent seasons but has been horrible a couple also.

CP - great until his injury. 06 a good season. 07 mediocre 08 injured

Pollack- well we'll never know.

Chris (I wish he was Stephen Jackson) Perry= BUST

Joseph may be very good

Rivers= lets see in a couple of seasons.

Maybe I expect too much from 1st rounders.

 

What I saw though was the 04 and 05 drafts were terrible in general, and those were under Marvins watch. Back to the thread. Fire Marvin? Why? Who's going to do any better here?

 

14th in passer rating last year. Is there another basis that puts him in the upper echelon?

 

Sorry, I didn't know he was injured last year.

 

I really don't see why people keep saying Palmer is not as good now since the injury. I mean in 2006 just 9 months after his knee injury, he had another pro bowl season. It wasn't just a good season, he had a great season that year, and was pro bowl MVP. Don't let the team success take away from him. I mean in that 06 season he did everything he could to get them in the playoffs. The Broncos and Steelers games he led his teams on what should have been game tying and game winning scores that would get them in the playoffs. But his special teams let him down. I mean shoot even Tom Brady had to rely on special teams to win the super bowls for him after he led them down the field. In 2007 well stats wise he didn't do as good, but it goes back to the running game. In 2007 our running game became terrible and that really hurt him. I mean look at Peyton Manning this year, they have no running game and he and the Colts actually look rather normal this year. Carson Palmer is a top QB in the NFL, but just like people like Manning. He has to have help around him, and he has not had that since 2005.

I didn't say he was, did I?

 

Are you going to answer the question?

 

Lat year he was healthy and a middle of the road QB. He was not upper echelon while healthy.

I really don't see why people keep saying Palmer is not as good now since the injury. I mean in 2006 just 9 months after his knee injury, he had another pro bowl season. It wasn't just a good season, he had a great season that year, and was pro bowl MVP. Don't let the team success take away from him. I mean in that 06 season he did everything he could to get them in the playoffs. The Broncos and Steelers games he led his teams on what should have been game tying and game winning scores that would get them in the playoffs. But his special teams let him down. I mean shoot even Tom Brady had to rely on special teams to win the super bowls for him after he led them down the field. In 2007 well stats wise he didn't do as good, but it goes back to the running game. In 2007 our running game became terrible and that really hurt him. I mean look at Peyton Manning this year, they have no running game and he and the Colts actually look rather normal this year. Carson Palmer is a top QB in the NFL, but just like people like Manning. He has to have help around him, and he has not had that since 2005.

 

Poof they just disappeared??

Bring on Bill Cowher. :D

 

I think I'm going to be sick.:eek:

Lat year he was healthy and a middle of the road QB. He was not upper echelon while healthy.

 

So we judge a guy based on his worst year? Got it, thanks!

Just bring in a GM

Poof they just disappeared??

 

Basically. I really don't know how you don't see this, and why you are even arguing it. 2006 after the injury he had a great year, but the people around him let him down. Like the special teams. If they those kicks like they should have, then you wouldn't be saying he was just good that year. He had a great year that year, there was a reason he made the pro bowl. In 2007 yeah the running game disappeared. Rudi got old quick and injury prone, and the line forgot how to run block. Then this year still no running game, and well now they can't pass block either. So yeah it goes back to what I just said, when you don't have things around you like running game or pass blocking. Then any top QB won't do as great as they could. I mean Peyton Manning this year is the perfect example of that. They have lost their running game, and when Jeff Saturday was hurt. Their line couldn't protect Manning, and he wasn't the greatest anymore. Does that mean he is not a Top QB anymore? As I said before don't let what the team does affect what you think of a player. Palmer when healthy is one of the best in the league, even if his numbers sometimes don't suggest it. Because of how bad the line and running game is.

Basically. I really don't know how you don't see this, and why you are even arguing it. 2006 after the injury he had a great year, but the people around him let him down. Like the special teams. If they those kicks like they should have, then you wouldn't be saying he was just good that year. He had a great year that year, there was a reason he made the pro bowl. In 2007 yeah the running game disappeared. Rudi got old quick and injury prone, and the line forgot how to run block. Then this year still no running game, and well now they can't pass block either. So yeah it goes back to what I just said, when you don't have things around you like running game or pass blocking. Then any top QB won't do as great as they could. I mean Peyton Manning this year is the perfect example of that. They have lost their running game, and when Jeff Saturday was hurt. Their line couldn't protect Manning, and he wasn't the greatest anymore. Does that mean he is not a Top QB anymore? As I said before don't let what the team does affect what you think of a player. Palmer when healthy is one of the best in the league, even if his numbers sometimes don't suggest it. Because of how bad the line and running game is.

 

 

 

:thumb: I agree 100%.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.