Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fire Marvin?

Should the Bengals fire Marvin Lewis 54 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the Bengals fire Marvin Lewis

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

He's a great guy but it's overdue...

 

You must be talking about a different Marvin Lewis.....

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the draft pick is ruined, when the Bengals select. CP is the only #1 pick that has even halfway panned out for the Gals in years. And as far as his success, it's marginal at best.

 

I disagree.

 

Palmer was a very solid pick. Rivers will be. You can't hold the Pollack injury against the Bengals. That's 3 since Marvin has been there that have been solid. Joseph and Hall IMO will be a solid CB duo.

I disagree.

 

Palmer was a very solid pick. Rivers will be. You can't hold the Pollack injury against the Bengals. That's 3 since Marvin has been there that have been solid. Joseph and Hall IMO will be a solid CB duo.

 

:thumb:

the draft pick is ruined, when the Bengals select. CP is the only #1 pick that has even halfway panned out for the Gals in years. And as far as his success, it's marginal at best.

 

2 of his 4 full years of starting he made the Pro Bowl and even won the Pro Bowl MVP one year. I wouldn't say his success has been marginal. But just like any top QB, when your running game has gotten worst every year, also the same with your line. Then its going to be hard to do that great, and he still has probably done the best a QB could do with this team.

I disagree.

 

Palmer was a very solid pick. Rivers will be. You can't hold the Pollack injury against the Bengals. That's 3 since Marvin has been there that have been solid. Joseph and Hall IMO will be a solid CB duo.

 

If all we are looking for is a couple of solid players from the 1st round picks, then you would be correct.

I dont think Marvin is the problem. Who else could we actually get that could do a better job? Emphasis on the actually GET part.

 

He appears to be a solid Coach, who in the right situation and void of roster character problems, could make the Bengals a contender.

 

Get rid of others and keep Marvin.

 

That can't be done until Mike Brown gets out of the way.

 

Marvin Lewis would be fine if Brown would let him have control. I don't think Marvin will get fired, but I could be wrong. He may leave, as GT said, but I don't think he'll get the axe.

 

For you all that don't think Marvin is a problem. Why do you all think that? I think he is a problem just like Mike Brown. Marvin probably is the worst game manager in the NFL. Yeah while he was here the Bengals had a few decent seasons. However what did he really do, to make that happen? I mean the strength of the team was the offense when we were doing good and well all those main pieces were in place before he got here. Then he was handed the 1st pick and anyone would have taken Palmer. Also the offensive coordinator was here as well already. So the thing that made us good, was already in place before he got here. He was suppose to be a defensive guy and well the defense actually got worst under him while he was here, until this year. The only thing he really did was bring some new energy into the team when he came, but I really think any new coach from outside the organization would have been able to do that.

 

So I really don't see where Marvin has shown at all that he could be a good coach if it wasn't for Mike Brown...

If all we are looking for is a couple of solid players from the 1st round picks, then you would be correct.

 

Palmer is in the upper-echelon of QBs. Early indications are that Rivers will be a star. Hall and Joseph are getting better and better each week it seems. Pollack looked like he was going to be a really good player before the injury. They may not all be stars, but come on, no team hits on all their first rounders. The only true bust of a #1 that the Bengals have had under Lewis is Perry.

2 of his 4 full years of starting he made the Pro Bowl and even won the Pro Bowl MVP one year. I wouldn't say his success has been marginal. But just like any top QB, when your running game has gotten worst every year, also the same with your line. Then its going to be hard to do that great, and he still has probably done the best a QB could do with this team.

 

I definetely do not lay the Bengals woes at CPs feet. He got dealt a bad hand. When we talk about the running game lets remember the Bengals have a 1st rounder on the team currently who is approaching "bust" status. I simply cannot defend the Bengals drafts in the past 6 years. They are 0-7 for many reasons and their inability to draft well is a major contributor.

I definetely do not lay the Bengals woes at CPs feet. He got dealt a bad hand. When we talk about the running game lets remember the Bengals have a 1st rounder on the team currently who is approaching "bust" status. I simply cannot defend the Bengals drafts in the past 6 years. They are 0-7 for many reasons and their inability to draft well is a major contributor.

You'd be on point if rounds 2 and 3 were your target. That's where the total disaster lies...

You'd be on point if rounds 2 and 3 were your target. That's where the total disaster lies...

 

:thumb: Agreed. To say their #1 picks have been the problem is just 100% inaccurate.

:thumb: Agreed. To say their #1 picks have been the problem is just 100% inaccurate.

 

I went back to 00. I know some aren't Marvins years. But I think we agree he's not the problem. Since 00 CP is the only 1st round choice that has played like one.

Warrick never panned out here

J. Smith was seviceable at best

Lookout had a couple of decent seasons but has been horrible a couple also.

CP - great until his injury. 06 a good season. 07 mediocre 08 injured

Pollack- well we'll never know.

Chris (I wish he was Stephen Jackson) Perry= BUST

Joseph may be very good

Rivers= lets see in a couple of seasons.

Maybe I expect too much from 1st rounders.

 

What I saw though was the 04 and 05 drafts were terrible in general, and those were under Marvins watch. Back to the thread. Fire Marvin? Why? Who's going to do any better here?

Yes or no, it doesn't matter as long as Mike Brown is calling the shots.

 

It is an irrelevent question.

 

And no one on here who has been on here for awhile would dare accuse me of being a Marvin supporter.

Palmer is in the upper-echelon of QBs. Early indications are that Rivers will be a star. Hall and Joseph are getting better and better each week it seems. Pollack looked like he was going to be a really good player before the injury. They may not all be stars, but come on, no team hits on all their first rounders. The only true bust of a #1 that the Bengals have had under Lewis is Perry.

 

14th in passer rating last year. Is there another basis that puts him in the upper echelon?

14th in passer rating last year. Is there another basis that puts him in the upper echelon?

 

You don't think he's in the upper echelon when healthy?

I went back to 00. I know some aren't Marvins years. But I think we agree he's not the problem. Since 00 CP is the only 1st round choice that has played like one.

Warrick never panned out here

J. Smith was seviceable at best

Lookout had a couple of decent seasons but has been horrible a couple also.

CP - great until his injury. 06 a good season. 07 mediocre 08 injured

Pollack- well we'll never know.

Chris (I wish he was Stephen Jackson) Perry= BUST

Joseph may be very good

Rivers= lets see in a couple of seasons.

Maybe I expect too much from 1st rounders.

 

What I saw though was the 04 and 05 drafts were terrible in general, and those were under Marvins watch. Back to the thread. Fire Marvin? Why? Who's going to do any better here?

 

 

You forgot Leon Hall.

 

What team hits on all their first round picks? You act like the Bengals are the only team in the NFL that doesn't draft an absolute stud every single year in round 1.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.