Undefeated Teams Remaining

Rebel

14 Total Teams are undefeated, with Bell and Sheldon Clark playing each other. The only team I see losing this week is Sheldon Clark. Does anybody see any other team getting beat this week?

1A

Beechwood (at Holy Cross Covington)

Raceland (Paintsville)

2A

Green County (at Christian Academy Louisville)

Ft. Campbell (Open)

Corbin (at North Laurel)

3A

Sheldon Clark (at Bell County)

North Oldham (Trimble County)

Belfry (Pike County Central)

4A

Boyle County (Mercer County)

Bell County (Sheldon Clark)

5A

John Hardin (Open)

Johnson Central (Hazard)

Owensboro (Meade County)

6A

St. X (Open)

Edited by Rebel

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard might shock Johnson Central. It would be a tall task but Hazard has the fire power to do it if they play a near perfect game and Johnson Central makes some mistakes.

I like your confidence HT, but if Hazard pulls that one off, you would shock a whole lot more than just Johnson Central...but...that's why we play the game. Stranger things than what you elude to have happened before.

I think these two teams remain undefeated untill they play each other.

Wouldn't that be great 14-0 versus 14-0 for the state title? But, still a lot of football to be played before that can happen. Nice to think about though.

The best 5A school is not without blemish, but if one of the three on the above list remain so come playoffs, they will be hard pressed to stay that way when the face the Birds of Ft. Thomas.

So we are talking all the way and winning a state title? Well if that is the case then St X and Owensboro. If you guys had the road the west had you would get some injuries rather than get to sit the starters the whole 2nd half of every game. But of course OHS will have to play BG then John Hardin and then Highlands.

So in 6A that would be like playing Male then Trinity then St X for a state title. There is not a team in 6A that could make that run and of course there is not a team in 5A either that could win 3 straight like that.

Wishfully I would like to say OHS would be undefeated but we do not have the numbers to play 3 games like that and win without casualties which would change the apperance of our team dramatically. We have already played one of the top teams in Indiana and one of the top 6A teams in Daviess Co. and we are still unblemished we play Meade Co. a 6A semi finalist from last year then play Christian Co. who is one of the top 6 in 5A so maybe by playoff time OHS will be battle tested.

I respect Highlands program and what they have done there but people on here talk like they are invinsible and could compete in the NFL every other year. So if we win it would be great for OHS and if Highlands win well they are suppose to and we will have to listen to the arrogance for another year!

In 5A if you look at the rankings

1 Highlands East 6-1

2 John Hardin West 7-0

3 Bowling Green West 6-1

4 Owensboro West 6-0

5 Johnson Central East 6-0

6 Christian Co West 6-1

7 Doss East 4-2

8 Bryan Station East 3-3

9 Hopkinsville West 3-4

10 Ashland East 5-2

4 of the top 6 teams are in the west and any of them can win on any given night against each other good talent good schedules.

I am not knocking Highlands I am saying the schedule sure is in your favor when your closest competition is Cov Cath and you guys had them down 55-0 at the half. I see why you play all the Ohio teams. Hopkinsville put 21 on you and they have a losing record from the west so at least give the west teams some credit they all just have to play each other to get to you every year and most of the time you guys just get to practice and wait for the state finals.