3 Bowling Green West 6-1

4 Owensboro West 6-0

5 Johnson Central East 6-0

6 Christian Co West 6-1

7 Doss East 4-2

8 Bryan Station East 3-3

9 Hopkinsville West 3-4

10 Ashland East 5-2

4 of the top 6 teams are in the west and any of them can win on any given night against each other good talent good schedules.

I am not knocking Highlands I am saying the schedule sure is in your favor when your closest competition is Cov Cath and you guys had them down 55-0 at the half. I see why you play all the Ohio teams. Hopkinsville put 21 on you and they have a losing record from the west so at least give the west teams some credit they all just have to play each other to get to you every year and most of the time you guys just get to practice and wait for the state finals.

How many state titles has someone from the West won in the last 10 years?

Heck Bowling Green has been to the state final the last 3 years and has been blown out all 3 times. In fact the game has been over by halftime! They are like the Ohio St. of highschool football.

So no matter how many teams from the West are in these rankings, they mean nothing. I would still take a 3-3 mediocre CovCath team over just about all the West schools.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure would like to schedule all those 3-3 teams on our schedule so we can give some of our kids a rest every game. I just looked and your team has 70 players listed and no freshman. You have us out numbered by 10 or 12 and that is with all of our 20 freshman listed too.

Have your coach call and schedule a real 5A west team not Hopkinsville. You only have 2 teams on your schedule that has a winning record right now.

And by the way OHS was the smallest school back in the old 4A and won state titles. You will not play a competitive game the rest of the year until the state finals. What was the score last year in the state finals? I do not think it was over until BG turned it over a few times in a row wasn't a flat blow out like 55-0 halftime score. Our freshman team could probably beat Cov Cath this year.

I am not arguing just stating facts and if you want schedule it our coach will play any team that wants too and our boys don't care about state titles this is a new year and you can't live off the past it is the present that counts.

One more thing BG was 3A for 2 of those state finals and OHS was 4A so in my book BG has only been there once with OHS in the class.

And by the way OHS was the smallest school back in the old 4A and won state titles. You will not play a competitive game the rest of the year until the state finals. What was the score last year in the state finals? I do not think it was over until BG turned it over a few times in a row wasn't a flat blow out like 55-0 halftime score. Our freshman team could probably beat Cov Cath this year.

One more thing BG was 3A for 2 of those state finals and OHS was 4A so in my book BG has only been there once with OHS in the class.

Just for anyone outside NKY who doesn't realize this, Highlands has been playing up in class ever since we went to six classes. In fact, I believe Highlands should be a large 3A school according to their enrollment and they're actually playing up TWO classes, if you check the enrollment numbers...it's not always a matter of size.

Edited by Black Eagle
Grammar correction.

I sure would like to schedule all those 3-3 teams on our schedule so we can give some of our kids a rest every game. I just looked and your team has 70 players listed and no freshman. You have us out numbered by 10 or 12 and that is with all of our 20 freshman listed too.

Have your coach call and schedule a real 5A west team not Hopkinsville. You only have 2 teams on your schedule that has a winning record right now.

I am not arguing just stating facts and if you want schedule it our coach will play any team that wants too and our boys don't care about state titles this is a new year and you can't live off the past it is the present that counts.

I dont think you're going to win this argument....I Can't remember ANY team from the west winning a state title in a long long time I think Mayfield in 2002 Class A if im not mistaken. The west just cant compete

I dont think you're going to win this argument....I Can't remember ANY team from the west winning a state title in a long long time I think Mayfield in 2002 Class A if im not mistaken. The west just cant compete

Uhh, I believe Fort Campbell won last year's 2A title...

Well there are some good teams in the west and some good things going on around here and nobody on BGP gives any team from the west any respect.

Most of the west schools are either one big school for a whole county which puts them in 6A or a small podunk town with small numbers.

For once I wish people would quit throwing out that Highlands is playing up 2 classes then go back to your class or move all the way up it is easy as that. Since we are a small 5A school and have to drive 2 hours for all of our district games can we move down in class? I still do not understand why one team in the state is allowed to dictate what class they play in this seems to be the only exception to the rule.

I also want to add there will never be a west team ever win again in 6A it is only a 3 team class and for the most part 2. If Highlands should be a 3A school why are their team numbers so large? Does every boy that goes to school there play football?

I really would like to see you guys play and preferablly see it first hand all the things I hear about Highlands program is top notch and I would like to witness it but knocking other programs is not the way to do it. I hope we get the chance to enlighten you a little bit about our program and get a little respect in the west.

All our kids have talked about this year is a state title and when people tell them they have no chance makes them try that much harder and work that much harder. Maybe they don't win but maybe they do all I am asking for is a little respect for any program that is trying to get there. And also remember it will not be long when you will be rooting for several of these westside no talent kids on saturdays and for some of them on Sundays too.

Good Luck the rest of the year you never know what may happen but in this case I guess you guys already do so you can go ahead and size up and order your rings sounds like you already have!

Respect is something earned not given. Until a Western team proves it in the Championship that is the way it will be. The is the nature of the beast.

I agree 100% that is just the way that it is. I would love to see some of those west programs turn it up but it hasn't happened in 20 years or so. There have only been a few to win a state title from the west. I am like Leonidas you have to earn respect.