Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Undefeated Teams Remaining

Featured Replies

  • Author

In the past 10 Years here is the breakdown on State Champions. I believe this is correct and if anybody sees anything not right please let me know.

 

CKY - 12 (Boyle 03,02,01,00,99)(Danville 03,01,00)(Lex Cath 07,05)(Mercer 06)(Bardstown 01)

NKY - 11 (Highlands 07,04,00,99,98)(Beechwood 07,04,99)(NCC 06,05) (Cov Cath 06)

LKY - 11 (Trinity 07,06,05,03,02,01) (St.X 04,99) (Male 00,98) (Central 07)

EKY - 05 (Middlesboro 98)(Russell 05)(Belfry 04,03)(Breathitt 02)

WKY - 03 (Caldwell 98)(Mayfield 02)(Ft. Cambell 07)

 

* Bardstown could also be considered to be LKY, but I leaning more towards CKY.

Edited by Rebel

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past 10 Years here is the breakdown on State Champions. I believe this is correct and if anybody sees anything not right please let me know.

 

CKY - 12 (Boyle 03,02,01,00,99)(Danville 03,01,00)(Lex Cath 07,05)(Mercer 06)(Bardstown 01)

NKY - 11 (Highlands 07,04,00,99,98)(Beechwood 07,04,99)(NCC 06,05) (Cov Cath 06)

LKY - 11 (Trinity 07,06,05,03,02,01) (St.X 04,99) (Male 00,98) (Central 07)

EKY - 05 (Middlesboro 98)(Russell 05)(Belfry 04,03)(Breathitt 02)

WKY - 03 (Caldwell 98)(Mayfield 02)(Ft. Cambell 07)

 

* Bardstown could also be considered to be LKY, but I leaning more towards CKY.

 

Yes quite impressive and the LKY will win at least one every year for the next 300 years that is just the nature of the way things are designed in KY. The difference between #1 and #2 in most of the classes makes this figure skewed in some prospective.

 

One other question I have and this not to be smart or anything but with all the state titles in these areas why do we not have more successful players at the D1 level than KY does?

 

I mean currently does anyone know of how many KY kids are in the NFL currently? And how many are playing football at the top level of D1?

 

Just curious? I do not know those answers the only person in the NFL I can think of is Justin Miller from Owensboro. I know Jared Lorenzon was there with the Giants but is now looking for work. Maybe that would be a good thread to have how many players from KY high schools have gone on to play professionally in the last 30 years?

 

One more thought in the last 10 years how many of these football powers have won state titles in the other major sports ie. Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Girls sides included. I know Trinity or St X one has won baseball. How come we do not see the dominant football programs in the state dominate the other sports as well? Just a little food for thought.

Oh we all know what happens when HHS is brought up in a bad way.

 

By the way, anybody heard where the HHS linemen are eating tonight?

I think Beechwood and Raceland are safe in 1A.

 

I think these two teams remain undefeated untill they play each other.

 

I hope you are correct!!!:thumb:

  • Author
Just curious? I do not know those answers the only person in the NFL I can think of is Justin Miller from Owensboro. I know Jared Lorenzon was there with the Giants but is now looking for work. Maybe that would be a good thread to have how many players from KY high schools have gone on to play professionally in the last 30 years?

 

Boyle's Jacob Tamme and Travis Leffew (Colts and Browns)

 

There was a thread back in August about Kentuckians in the Pro's

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=2912406#post2912406

So in 6A that would be like playing Male then Trinity then St X for a state title. There is not a team in 6A that could make that run and of course there is not a team in 5A either that could win 3 straight like that.

Highlands does this every season; and against teams just as strong, or MUCH stronger. The two schedules just aren't comparable.

 

I respect Highlands program and what they have done there but people on here talk like they are invinsible and could compete in the NFL every other year. So if we win it would be great for OHS and if Highlands win well they are suppose to and we will have to listen to the arrogance for another year!
No, people come on here and give an honest assessment. If it upsets you, that's not their fault. And the "arrogance" stuff really gets old. What are we supposed to do, pretend that we don't win? Or should we just lose to the teams in the west on purpose?

 

I am not knocking Highlands I am saying the schedule sure is in your favor when your closest competition is Cov Cath and you guys had them down 55-0 at the half. I see why you play all the Ohio teams. Hopkinsville put 21 on you and they have a losing record from the west so at least give the west teams some credit they all just have to play each other to get to you every year and most of the time you guys just get to practice and wait for the state finals.
You must not know a thing about Highlands football. I won't try to defend the schedule we play, or the success our team has had in doing so. Those who follow KY high school football know the truth. See you in December. :lol:
I dont think you're going to win this argument....I Can't remember ANY team from the west winning a state title in a long long time I think Mayfield in 2002 Class A if im not mistaken. The west just cant compete.
Exactly.

 

We may play a lot of local teams with less-than-perfect records; but that's only because the level of the competition here is so high and the teams beat up on each other all season long.

Didnt Shaun Alexander play for Boone? I cant remember.
Yes, he did.

Also, there really isnt a way to knock Highlands. It is hard to argue that the teams in the west could compete with them the way some of you think. They may not play any great 5A teams from Kentucky, but Hopkinsville is ranked top 10 in 5A according to BGP, and they also played Colerain, who is a great team from OH, and they play Lex. Cath this week (yes, they are a little down, but still a good team), and then in a couple weeks they play a very good 6A team in Madison Central. Highlands plays there fair share of difficult games in the season. we will see how it works out come playoff time.

I think either Raceland or Beechwood will go undefeated, whoever wins in the state championship. I also think that Boyle and Bell co. both go undefeated until they play each other (whenever that is in the playoffs) with the winner going undefeated and winning it all. I also think that St. X and Fort Campbell will be undefeated state champs, and John Hardin will stay undefeated until they run into Highlands.

1A

Beechwood (at Holy Cross Covington)- Game 10 vs. NewCath best chance for loss

Raceland (Paintsville)- Game 9 vs. Russell best chance for loss

 

2A

Green County (at Christian Academy Louisville)- Game 10 vs. Marion County best chance for loss

Ft. Campbell (Open)- Should finish undefeated

Corbin (at North Laurel)- Should finish undefeated

 

3A

Sheldon Clark (at Bell County)- Best Chance for loss this week vs. Bell County

North Oldham (Trimble County)- Best Chance Game 9 vs. Bullitt Central

Belfry (Pike County Central)- Best Chance Game 10 vs. Johnson Central

 

4A

Boyle County (Mercer County)- Best chance this week vs. Mercer County

Bell County (Sheldon Clark)- Should go undefeated

 

5A

John Hardin (Open)- Should go undefeated

Johnson Central (Hazard)- Best chance Game 10 vs. Belfry or Game 9 vs. Ashland

Owensboro (Meade County)- Best Chance Game 8 vs. Christian County

 

6A

St. X (Open) -Should go undefeated

 

 

Underlined teams are who I feel end the regular season 10-0.

Highlands does this every season; and against teams just as strong, or MUCH stronger. The two schedules just aren't comparable.

 

No, people come on here and give an honest assessment. If it upsets you, that's not their fault. And the "arrogance" stuff really gets old. What are we supposed to do, pretend that we don't win? Or should we just lose to the teams in the west on purpose?

 

You must not know a thing about Highlands football. I won't try to defend the schedule we play, or the success our team has had in doing so. Those who follow KY high school football know the truth. See you in December. :lol:

 

The last time Highlands much less any team in the state played 3 straight games the caliber of Male Trinity and St X?

 

I do not know how people can give an honest assessment if you haven't even seen a team play.

 

Your schedule isn't much different. You play Colerain we played Reitz who is 23-1 over the last 2 years. Colerain is the better opponent thereby the rankings. Look at the teams records I do not feel that Highlands is a 60+ point better team than every team in 5A and currently that is what you are doing to every team in your district. I know you have to play all the teams in your district. I will also say looking at Central they may give you guys a game in a few weeks they looking at their schedule seem to be a good team as well.

 

We do not have the luxury of a team being right across the state line that is a nationally ranked team or we would play one. we came up last year and played Boone beat them and they were a 6A semi finalist.

 

You guys make it sound like you play the toughest teams in the country. Looking at both scedules I say our team can come up there and lose to Colerain like you did and could probaly have the same record as you and also saying you could come down here and play our schedule and have the same record as us or maybe Reitz beats you I am telling you their smallest lineman was 6' 1" 290 but I would say you guys beat them too. I would also say looking at the rest of your schedule we might lose to Central as well.

 

You can not compare to a team you haven't played though and some matchups are tougher than others just because of the style a team plays.

 

I think currently your toughest competition for #18 is John Hardin they matchup better offensively but I say Owensboro has the better defense and BG probably has the better all around team currently on both sides but hey that is my opinion.

 

And as far as seeing us in December I sure hope so considering we start 12 sophmores and have 6 guys playing both ways I will take a runner-up this year and bring the same team back next year and try it again and well if that doesn't work we will come and take a 3rd shot at you.

 

Like I said in an earlier post you are suppose to be there and are suppose to win we are just suppose to maybe get there and bow to you when we show up. Owensboro will still be there when we get back win or lose and the sun will come up the next day it is not that big a deal.

 

How many of you watch UK football? When was the last time they won a national title? How many of you would want your kid playing for them? That is what I thought! Doesn't mean they are a crappy football program. There can only be one winner in anything! Doesn't mean everyone else is just dirt and that is the some of you make it sound.

 

Here is me I want to see Collinsworth and Connor play I have heard so much about them. I want to see Finch heard he was amazing. I see Yorel Shemwell and Yante(Devin Hester) Williams play weekly. I have seen Cole Lanham for Daviess Co. play 4 times and man what an arm if he was on a little better team his stats would be amazing. I saw the kid for Evansville Reitz play 6' 5" 370 and could move WOW! Yeah state titles are nice for those that win them but for those of us that don't it is about getting to maybe see that next kid from our proud state make it BIG at the next level or even the NEXT.

 

So in wrapping up my conclusion if Highlands wins another state title Congrats on that but we all expected it but just think of the players you get to see in the finals even on the losing teams and even the kids that don't even make it there. THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT! Every team has some special players and at one point during the season they will all be winners just not STATE CHAMPS!!

The last time Highlands much less any team in the state played 3 straight games the caliber of Male Trinity and St X?
We're not talking about those teams.

 

I do not know how people can give an honest assessment if you haven't even seen a team play.
Exactly why it's unfair to be putting down Highlands.

 

Your schedule isn't much different. You play Colerain we played Reitz who is 23-1 over the last 2 years. Colerain is the better opponent thereby the rankings.
Reitz isn't even in the same universe as Colerain. :lol:

Look at the teams records I do not feel that Highlands is a 60+ point better team than every team in 5A and currently that is what you are doing to every team in your district. I know you have to play all the teams in your district. I will also say looking at Central they may give you guys a game in a few weeks they looking at their schedule seem to be a good team as well.
Central was a good team last year, and gave us a heck of a scare.

 

We do not have the luxury of a team being right across the state line that is a nationally ranked team or we would play one. we came up last year and played Boone beat them and they were a 6A semi finalist.
I don't think anyone said you did. This thread was about undefeatd teams. Not sure what that has to do with the strength of WKY football.

 

You guys make it sound like you play the toughest teams in the country. Looking at both scedules I say our team can come up there and lose to Colerain like you did and could probaly have the same record as you and also saying you could come down here and play our schedule and have the same record as us or maybe Reitz beats you I am telling you their smallest lineman was 6' 1" 290 but I would say you guys beat them too. I would also say looking at the rest of your schedule we might lose to Central as well.
If you had come up and played Colerain, it would have been a blood-bath. It you had played the same teams we do on an annual basis, you'd be hard-pressed to have a winning season. That isn't arrogance, that's just being honest with you.

 

You can not compare to a team you haven't played...
Exactly.

 

Like I said in an earlier post you are suppose to be there and are suppose to win we are just suppose to maybe get there and bow to you when we show up.
Our team doesn't overlook ANY opponent. So the sand-bagging is unnecessary. :cool:

 

How many of you watch UK football? When was the last time they won a national title? How many of you would want your kid playing for them? That is what I thought! Doesn't mean they are a crappy football program. There can only be one winner in anything! Doesn't mean everyone else is just dirt and that is the some of you make it sound.
So far, you're the only one in this thread espousing that theory.

 

So in wrapping up my conclusion if Highlands wins another state title Congrats on that but we all expected it but just think of the players you get to see in the finals even on the losing teams and even the kids that don't even make it there. THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT! Every team has some special players and at one point during the season they will all be winners just not STATE CHAMPS!!
Again, your belief that other teams are looking down on you exists only in your own mind. This simply isn't so.
Highlands does this every season; and against teams just as strong, or MUCH stronger. The two schedules just aren't comparable.

 

No, people come on here and give an honest assessment. If it upsets you, that's not their fault. And the "arrogance" stuff really gets old. What are we supposed to do, pretend that we don't win? Or should we just lose to the teams in the west on purpose?

 

You must not know a thing about Highlands football. I won't try to defend the schedule we play, or the success our team has had in doing so. Those who follow KY high school football know the truth. See you in December. :lol:

 

We're not talking about those teams.

 

Exactly why it's unfair to be putting down Highlands.

 

Reitz isn't even in the same universe as Colerain. :lol:

Central was a good team last year, and gave us a heck of a scare.

 

I don't think anyone said you did. This thread was about undefeatd teams. Not sure what that has to do with the strength of WKY football.

 

If you had come up and played Colerain, it would have been a blood-bath. It you had played the same teams we do on an annual basis, you'd be hard-pressed to have a winning season. That isn't arrogance, that's just being honest with you.

 

Exactly.

 

Our team doesn't overlook ANY opponent. So the sand-bagging is unnecessary. :cool:

 

So far, you're the only one in this thread espousing that theory.

 

Again, your belief that other teams are looking down on you exists only in your own mind. This simply isn't so.

 

Dang Birdsfan you cut all that up and spit it all out! :lol: Coming up there and not having a winning season may be so don't really know the answer to that but I am saying right now we could for at least the next 3 or 4 years with what we have. Haven't seen Colerain so really don't know how good they really are but Reitz's QB was on the cover of Sports Illustrated last year.:D

 

Like I said earlier I am not putting down Highlands heck you guys have won 17 state titles for some reason! Duh! I am just saying that looking at the scores that your district must be pretty weak this year!

 

I also think that Owensboro can be undefeated until Highlands then anything goes from there but it may be a tall order having to go to Bowling Green and then to John Hardin in back to back weeks.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.