Bellevue 33 Dayton 21

Birdsfan

Good game all around, and I expected this game to be closer than most thought it would be. Bellevue just wore down the Dayton D with the inside run, like I stated in the predictions Dayton had to stop these inside runs to win the game. Both played hard and Bellevue deserved the win. Just to add one more thing, the breaks I was mentioning in the predictions thread are the breaks like the touchdown when time ran off the clock going into halftime. The ball bounced off two defenders and landed in the Bellevue's players hand for the touchdown. Those are the breaks that helped Bellevue win the game.

Who does Bellevue have next week? Dayton is off.

Once again it is players making plays when teams need them to. Watch that play again to and you will see Brock went up and made the catch and ran to the end zone and was determined to not be tackled. His team needed a play and he made one. This is not a "break" it was a good play.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:I was not impressed by either team, watched the game three times and found nothing that lit me up. Daytons D did play better than the O, but thats not saying alot, the Tigers with the exception of #33 and #23 showed nothing as well, Ive heard all about the D line, did they miss the bus cause they sure wernt there! The formentioned RBs played hard, I liked 33 better than 23, but good lord someone teach those kids some basics, PROTECT THE BALL.

I guess they will make the playoffs, Dayton because they play the Mustangs, and the Tigers because of the record. WOW:lol:

Crush, no one would expect you to be impressed by either of these teams. After all, you are used to watching an all star team. The Bellevue and Dayton players are just hard nosed kids from two very small, economically struggling river towns. They don't have all the advantages and amenities as most other schools. They proudly represent their towns, their families, and the kids they are growing up with.

And don't worry, they are being taught the basics and much more. These kids represent what high school football should be -- playing together with the kids they grew up with and giving everything they have for their neighborhood high school. These kids know a state championship is very difficult to attain, especially considering the local competition. However, they are out there every day, every week, and every year, working hard with only their homegrown talent, reaching for the stars. It is a Bellevue/Dayton thing, you wouldn't understand.

Crush, no one would expect you to be impressed by either of these teams. After all, you are used to watching an all star team. The Bellevue and Dayton players are just hard nosed kids from two very small, economically struggling river towns. They don't have all the advantages and amenities as most other schools. They proudly represent their towns, their families, and the kids they are growing up with.

And don't worry, they are being taught the basics and much more. These kids represent what high school football should be -- playing together with the kids they grew up with and giving everything they have for their neighborhood high school. These kids know a state championship is very difficult to attain, especially considering the local competition. However, they are out there every day, every week, and every year, working hard with only their homegrown talent, reaching for the stars. It is a Bellevue/Dayton thing, you wouldn't understand.

I agree. And I am sure that many Dayton fans would feel the same way.

The line that rings the loudest is the one about playing with kids they grew up

with. After the better kids leave for higher ground, whats left for these teams is a brotherhood that deserves all the success their hard work brings.

^^^This is why the Bellevue/Dayton rivalry is THE BEST rivalry in NKY.

It is a very good one but I think you need to add all three river schools to make it Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton. Either matchup is a great game. I love the battle for the paddle idea but I've said forever they need a big rubber river rat or some kind of trophy for the team that does best head to head between the three. I think it'd add a neat aspect to all of the games these teams play.

Sherlock is a very mobile QB. Probably more so than most we have seen so far this year.

The paddle mysteriously changed colors when Bellevue took control of it.

Sherlock is a very good QB. He improvises to provide a ton of Dayton's offense.

The paddle is green on one side and gold on the other.

All #21 is, is a horse collar!

Notice no one has paid any attention to this comment. The guy is a tough kid. Played a good game.

:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

I love when I see or hear people say things like this. So much we hear both sides doing talking defending themselves and why they are better etc. But it is great to hear when someone defends the rivalry. The last line is the truth. Unless you have been in the enviroment, you can't fully understand.

It is a very good one but I think you need to add all three river schools to make it Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton. Either matchup is a great game. I love the battle for the paddle idea but I've said forever they need a big rubber river rat or some kind of trophy for the team that does best head to head between the three. I think it'd add a neat aspect to all of the games these teams play.

I'm sure that Dayton and Bellevue would both probably say that Ludlow is the #2 rivalry game on their schedules, but I think there is something different about the Dayton/Bellevue games. Maybe they should have built Ludlow where Silver Grove or Newport is and that could have really made the three way rivalry...

I'm sure that Dayton and Bellevue would both probably say that Ludlow is the #2 rivalry game on their schedules, but I think there is something different about the Dayton/Bellevue games. Maybe they should have built Ludlow where Silver Grove or Newport is and that could have really made the three way rivalry...

I agree that Ludlow being further away takes away from the rivalry, but do you agree about the three way trophy that would be pretty sweet.

Great post :thumb: There is a lot of pride in the small river schools like Bellevue and Dayton as well as Ludlow. They simply dont have the numbers and it was evident watching the other night. Each team has 4 or 5 kids that could probably start at other programs because they are exceptional athletes but the rest of those kids are just hard nosed, hard working kids who are representing their team very well. They have Tiger/Devil/Panther pride and you cant take that away from them.

I was discussing with my friend the other night the "what if" factor of Bellevue and DAyton combining schools and I gotta tell you they would have a very, very good team. It will never happen but if they did you can bet they would beat some very good teams.

The best post, and the best line I think I have read all year. I love how people who have no connection with either program try to condem the program and put them down. These people outside of these small programs have no idea what is it like to play for them, and to be associated with them. I would put the pride of Dayton/Bellevue/Ludlow/Newport ect.. fans up against every single school in the state. These teams have their down years because of the small numbers and the lack of "outside" players coming in, but their fans will still be there supporting them. Giligan was absolutely packed Friday night, and that atmosphere cannot be matched. Not by Beechwood or any other team. These teams play for pride with their childhood friends, not with kids from other areas.

I was discussing with my friend the other night the "what if" factor of Bellevue and DAyton combining schools and I gotta tell you they would have a very, very good team. It will never happen but if they did you can bet they would beat some very good teams.

I personally think this will happen eventually. The small river cities will eventually combine to eleminate the cost of having all of the different administrators. IMO there will be a North Campbell County High School (Silver Grove, Dayton, Belleuve, Newport...) and the already existing CCHS will become South. Either way, this combined school would have one hack of a sports program, and they would be fun to watch.:thumb:

I personally think this will happen eventually. The small river cities will eventually combine to eleminate the cost of having all of the different administrators. IMO there will be a North Campbell County High School (Silver Grove, Dayton, Belleuve, Newport...) and the already existing CCHS will become South. Either way, this combined school would have one hack of a sports program, and they would be fun to watch.:thumb:

I could see Silver Grove, Dayton and Bellevue. However I don't think we would see Newport join together too though...

It's been talked about forever. I tend to say it'll never happen, but with enrollment on a consistant decline.... Ya never know...

I agree that that lineup would be formidable. A lot of toughness with a lot of heart and a lot of talent on the field all together. A Sherlock handing off to a Buckler/Barret combo and having the Richardson kid get some goal line carries and playing a MLB spot. A lot of kids wouldn't have to go both ways.... It would be a good team...