Corbin 14 Middlesboro 7

HITMAN97

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin rushed for 266 yards and held Middlesboro to 84 yards on the ground. Campbell led Corbin in rushing with 114 yards and Watkins had 98. Adams led Middlesboro with 74 yards.

I was surprised by this score however I was not surprised by the outcome. Middlesboro could not stop the rushing game of Whitley and I had not seen anything thus far to think that Middlesboro had improved at stopping the rush.

266 is pretty good but with the reputation of the Corbin backs I expected well over 300 yards, and several more TDs. It was a good win regardless, any win on the road in the district is a good win.

I was surprised by this score however I was not surprised by the outcome. Middlesboro could not stop the rushing game of Whitley and I had not seen anything thus far to think that Middlesboro had improved at stopping the rush.

266 is pretty good but with the reputation of the Corbin backs I expected well over 300 yards, and several more TDs. It was a good win regardless, any win on the road in the district is a good win.

With Fritts on the sidelines, Middlesboro had 1 less gamebreaker to key on. Watkins and Campbell carried the load, but I did feel like we didn't block well at times. We were lucky to get out of Middlesboro with a win, but I absolutley know they didn't see Corbin's best punch last friday night.

There is no guarantee that these two will meet again. Who are the probable #1 & #2 seeds from the other district? It's possible that neither will make it to the regional final.

What district are you talking about? Is it district 7? I think the #1 and #2 seeds are Prestonsburg and Bath County.

Could you explain to me the old format, because I really don't understand the plan for the playoffs?

What district are you talking about? Is it district 7? I think the #1 and #2 seeds are Prestonsburg and Bath County.

Could you explain to me the old format, because I really don't understand the plan for the playoffs?

In the first round of the playoffs, District 1 number 1 teams will play District 2 number 4 team. District 1 number 2 team will play District 2 number 3 team. District 1 number 3 team will play District 2 number 2 team. District 1 number 4 team will play District 2 number 1 team.

This will be the same for District 3 and 4, and .............

Second round will be the winners of each game playing.

The Regional championship game (Round 3) will be the last two teams left in District 1 and District 2, and .............

Semi Finals will be Region 1 champion versus Region 2 champion and Region 3 champion versus Region 4 champion.

Championship game is the two teams left.

I was there and have no dog in this fight. The better team won. Middlesboro had more weapons than I thought. They are very solid and deserving of their top 10 ranking. But Corbin was just the better team. If they play 10 times in a season, I think Corbin wins 8. Middlesboro's defense was solid and before that game, were only giving up 11.8 ppg which was #11 in the state (all classes). Corbin has shown that they can win a shootout (South Laurel / LCA) or a down to wire nailbiter (this game).

I think Middlesboro, while Hunter Adams is excellent, needs to get the ball in the hands of Powers more often. He is another playmaker as shown with his 56 yard TD catch on the quick outside screen and his interception of a Freeman pass. That kid is a player.

The player of the game IMHO was Campbell for Corbin. He was a man in the first half with 93 yards on only 5 carries. In the second half he made numerous big plays at the right time. Corbin is better than I thought they would be this season after losing talent like Cashen, Madon and the like from last year's team.

Nope, I don't believe it 3wishes. Corbin would win by more than a TD for sure. Are you still upset that Breathitt dominated Harlan County?

I frankly could care less if you believe it or not. It is called an OPINION. Do you need an axe to take a chip off your shoulder for something that I guess I believe in for you to make such an apparent SHOT at me for. That was real classy, people see true character I guess. I never even made a comment about the Breathitt County game that would warrant a shot like that. They were much better, did I or anyone else ever say different. Once again, pathetic low shot.

So home field advantage, really isn't an advantage?

Of course it is, but does that always mean the homefield team wins? No, didn't think so.

Any team can be beat on any given night, especially one that just own by 7 points on their prior meeting. How is that, that hard to understand?

There are some MASSIVE ego's in this thread, I guess.

There is no guarantee that these two will meet again. Who are the probable #1 & #2 seeds from the other district? It's possible that neither will make it to the regional final.

I know there is no guarantee but I was commenting on the assumption that people were already saying they would. I have could care less who won this game or the rematch (if it happens) but I cannot people automatically assume that Corbin would win again based solely on the fact that they won this time and the next time would be at Corbin so that is an automatic win.

I frankly could care less if you believe it or not. It is called an OPINION. Do you need an axe to take a chip off your shoulder for something that I guess I believe in for you to make such an apparent SHOT at me for. That was real classy, people see true character I guess. I never even made a comment about the Breathitt County game that would warrant a shot like that. They were much better, did I or anyone else ever say different. Once again, pathetic low shot.

From another reply

I guess YOU are correct.

Of course it is, but does that always mean the homefield team wins? No, didn't think so.

Any team can be beat on any given night, especially one that just own by 7 points on their prior meeting. How is that, that hard to understand?

I don't think my comment warrants the massive ego comment. Call Les out if you want, but I was only wanting to continue the discussion, calm down a bit.

I thought you said it didn't matter where the game was played, so I thought you didn't believe in home field advantage.

I certainly believe in it. Anyone who ever played Bell Co. on Log Mt. believes it too, haha. :devil: