Corbin 14 Middlesboro 7

HITMAN97

I had just heard it from several Corbin people that the game wasn't going to be played with south for a while. As for as Williamsburg and Lynn Camp go Corbin won't play them because of the fear they might loose. I remember Coach Jewell begging for his job in the Corbin paper after that loss telling all the fans how sorry he was that his guys blew it. Also as far as Williamsburg goes Coach Black isn't there any more and it is my understanding the new coaches have tried to play Corbin every year only to be refused. And with 6 Open dates they could play a majority of local teams especially if the blood is so bad between Jewell and Dudley that they can't play Bell anymore, that just leaves one more open date. Corbin could get a top notch schedule and never play a team from more than an hour away.

The last time we played Lynn Camp (late 90's) it was total domination and LC had a good team that year. Corbin, most years would get nothing out of playing W'burg or LC. You might say what we would get out of playing Bethlehem......2 seasons ago they were 11-2 and played Danville in the region? championship.

As 4chs stated we have 7 spots on the schedule 1 is pigskin, another is normally another bowl, 1 is South, 1 is North, 1 is Somerset (all local teams). I think LCA will remain on the schedule. That leaves us with one slot to fill. I hope it is Williamsburg:flame:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Corbin is a quality opponent pretty close to home that has had a very balanced rivalry for the 18 years or so leading up to when the series ended. I think Corbin is still a good program, but don't feel like they can beat Bell Co. or they would still be playing.

This series was played for several more than 18 years, I guess you just choose to recognize the series when you guys learned to play a little football.

Obviously you have no clue as to why we won't play Bell. I don't know the entire story, but I understand enough to not have a problem with it. And it's not my decision who we play and who we don't play.

This series was played for several more than 18 years, I guess you just choose to recognize the series when you guys learned to play a little football.

Obviously you have no clue as to why we want play Bell. I don't know the entire story, but I understand enough to not have a problem with it. And it's not my decision who we play and who we don't play.

I don't know what the records are, but since Coach Hilton first came to Bell Co. its been a very good series. Before that Bell Co. was awful at football. I will be the 1st to say it. I don't know if you were trying to hurt Bell Co's feelings with that comment, but next time tell us something we don't already know.:lol:

As for why Corbin won't play Bell I know a little about it and think its a poor excuse. If Jewell thought he could win he would play Bell Co. and try to beat Coach Hilton considering his dislike for him, but he won't do that. Its worst for the players than anything. This is a game that both sides get up for.

The last time we played Lynn Camp (late 90's) it was total domination and LC had a good team that year. Corbin, most years would get nothing out of playing W'burg or LC. You might say what we would get out of playing Bethlehem......2 seasons ago they were 11-2 and played Danville in the region? championship.

As 4chs stated we have 7 spots on the schedule 1 is pigskin, another is normally another bowl, 1 is South, 1 is North, 1 is Somerset (all local teams). I think LCA will remain on the schedule. That leaves us with one slot to fill. I hope it is Williamsburg:flame:

You could play LC and Wburg on almost a rotating basis every 2 years a contract with one of them, it wouldn't hurt it would bring in good money for both schools at the gate, and I would venture to say right LC and Wburg both are as good of teams as they've ever had consistently being very competitive these days where as in the 90's neither were fielded consistently good teams.

Also Corbin scheduled Bethlehem this year a 1-5 1A team that couldn't even field a team to play. I'm sure Williamsburg and Lynn Camp could have at least mustered the players to show up and play the game. I would also argue that LC and Wburg could be interchangeable with Pikeville, Pikeville is not the Pikeville of old and not so dominant that they will be the better team of the three year in and year out.

Also Corbin scheduled Bethlehem this year a 1-5 1A team that couldn't even field a team to play. I'm sure Williamsburg and Lynn Camp could have at least mustered the players to show up and play the game. I would also argue that LC and Wburg could be interchangeable with Pikeville, Pikeville is not the Pikeville of old and not so dominant that they will be the better team of the three year in and year out.
Big deal everybody looks for ways to knock Corbin so ride your high horse off in the sunset.

I covered this in a post above.

I wonder about the state of Bell Co's program when obviously the biggest concern is for their big bad 4A school to beat up on a little 2A school. We have beaten Bell before, and would again had the series continued. This is one of the many reasons I laugh everytime Highlands comes to town and just wipes Log Mt. clean of Bobcats. If they put as much emphasis into beating Ft. Thomas, or someone actually in their own class as they did Corbin, they might actually begin to be a threat to win the 4A title.

I wonder about the state of Bell Co's program when obviously the biggest concern is for their big bad 4A school to beat up on a little 2A school. We have beaten Bell before, and would again had the series continued. This is one of the many reasons I laugh everytime Highlands comes to town and just wipes Log Mt. clean of Bobcats. If they put as much emphasis into beating Ft. Thomas, or someone actually in their own class as they did Corbin, they might actually begin to be a threat to win the 4A title.

So the last 2 times Bell has played Highlands they have beat Bell a total of 7 points. A win is a win and a loss is a loss, but I the way you make it sound you would think they just mopped the floor with us. Anyways, I would think (and actually believe) that the Corbin players and fans really want this game to happen. Its just very dissapointing that they don't want to play. So the 4A-2A thing you bring up. Do you not believe that your program is on the same level as a 4A power like Bell Co? I believe a lot of Corbin fans do and would like to start playing the game again.

There is no guarantee that these two will meet again. Who are the probable #1 & #2 seeds from the other district? It's possible that neither will make it to the regional final.

The Regional tourney must now go through Prestonsburg for Middlesboro, while Corbin draws Bath Co. or Shelby Valley at home.

Methinks Corbin may have it a wee bit easier... ;)