Corbin 14 Middlesboro 7

HITMAN97

Having Bell Co. fans in every Corbin thread saying things like this is getting old. Maybe I can get the Belfry fans to try and hijack every Bell Co. thread by asking why Bell Co. keeps dodging Belfry.

Both defenses played well in this game, but both offenses need to improve some to advance real far in the playoffs.

As I said earlier I thought our defense was pretty dominant. Other than the score, I only remember Middlesboro advancing past the 50 once. Could have been more.....that's all I remember.

Campbell is great on both sides. And he was a man as well. Watkins was just a couple of missed shoestring tackles from having another 200+ yard game.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin is clearly the better team IMO and Michael Campbell was the guy that was a man among boys. Watkins has good speed, but Campbell looked like a beast on both sides of the ball and does an excellent job kicking also. Give the kid (campbell) his props, he looked like the guy that will be very instrumental in getting them deep in the playoffs, especially with Fritz done for the year.

AMEN TO THAT, Michael is a man among boys. Where he goes the Hounds go. Hope they wake up and let this MANBEAST OFF HIS LEASH!!!!!!!!!!!! Watched his 60 or so long run. Wow wouldn't want to be the one in the way. That must hurt. Good luck Hounds. p.s. Ya'll would just ignore the other comments this might be a good thread. Takes two to tango.

Having Bell Co. fans in every Corbin thread saying things like this is getting old. Maybe I can get the Belfry fans to try and hijack every Bell Co. thread by asking why Bell Co. keeps dodging Belfry.

Both defenses played well in this game, but both offenses need to improve some to advance real far in the playoffs.

That would be funny because I did some checking into it this weekend. Bell has contacted Belfry about playing next year. Neither one have the same open week. Even so, it a bit different when you are talking about a 45 min. trip compared to a 3 hr trip. Nevertheless, Bell has tried to schedule Belfry, but it did not work out. I believe Corbin's administration should step up and get Coach Jewell to schedule Bell. Thats my 2 cents.

That would be funny because I did some checking into it this weekend. Bell has contacted Belfry about playing next year. Neither one have the same open week. Even so, it a bit different when you are talking about a 45 min. trip compared to a 3 hr trip. Nevertheless, Bell has tried to schedule Belfry, but it did not work out. I believe Corbin's administration should step up and get Coach Jewell to schedule Bell. Thats my 2 cents.

Why is it so important to Bell to play Corbin? Because honestly, it's just not that important to us or the administration..... and I would think your 2 cents don't amount to a hill of beans to the Corbin admin...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

According to another thread(Mt Top 10 I believe), several Belfry fans stated that Belfry has tried the past 2-3 years to schedule Bell and Dudley wanted no part of it. They tried to schedule Bell Co. next year earlier in the scheduling process before the schedules were full and got no response from Bell.

There are plenty of good schools in the Knoxville & Morristown areas that would gladly schedule Bell Co. according to my Tennessee sources.

I honestly think Corbin should schedule Whitley Co., Knox Central and Rockcastle Co. on a yearly basis before even considering Bell Co. if there are openings on the schedule.

Why is it so important to Bell to play Corbin? Because honestly, it's just not that important to us or the administration..... and I would think your 2 cents don't amount to a hill of beans to the Corbin admin...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Corbin just seems afraid of local teams that could beat them, a few years ago when South beat Corbin a couple of times there was talk of ending that game. Corbin started winning again the game continues. Corbin never plays Whitley because Whitley would most likely beat them. After Williamsburg beat Corbin, Williamsburg has consistently tried to schedule Corbin to be told no I am told, and they stopped playing Bell who seemed to really beat on Corbin regularly. It seems to me like Corbin says we will play local teams only if we can beat you. Corbin would be much better served playing a Bell, Whitley, or Williamsburg than playing a North Laurel on a yearly basis. But thats just my observation.

Corbin just seems afraid of local teams that could beat them, a few years ago when South beat Corbin a couple of times there was talk of ending that game. Corbin started winning again the game continues. Corbin never plays Whitley because Whitley would most likely beat them. After Williamsburg beat Corbin, Williamsburg has consistently tried to schedule Corbin to be told no I am told, and they stopped playing Bell who seemed to really beat on Corbin regularly. It seems to me like Corbin says we will play local teams only if we can beat you. Corbin would be much better served playing a Bell, Whitley, or Williamsburg than playing a North Laurel on a yearly basis. But thats just my observation.
Boo who.

1. Who was doing the talking of Corbin dropping South Laurel? (never a doubt about this series continuing)

2. Corbin dropped W'burg(at least according to Coach Black)because the Yellow Jackets were supposed to be down and Coach Jewell did not see the benefit of playing them.

3. Coach Jewell will not voluntarily schedule a Dudley Hilton coached team, no matter who it may be.

4. They should continue playing North Laurel.

5. They should play Knox Central and Whitley Co.

6. I don't believe they should play W'burg or Lynn Camp.

7. They can't play everyone who wants to play them. Six open games excluding district and Pigskin, so South & North Laurel are 2 of these, Somerset and LCA are 2 teams most would like to remain on schedule, which leaves 2 openings of which 1 is usually filled playing in a bowl game.

AMEN TO THAT, Michael is a man among boys. Where he goes the Hounds go. Hope they wake up and let this MANBEAST OFF HIS LEASH!!!!!!!!!!!! Watched his 60 or so long run. Wow wouldn't want to be the one in the way. That must hurt. Good luck Hounds. p.s. Ya'll would just ignore the other comments this might be a good thread. Takes two to tango.
They were alot of men on the field I thought Corbins o line did not block well early but mch better in the second half any time Corbin Middlesboro play its going to be a battle it don't matter how good or bad one may be.The hounds did what they had to do to win a thats what counts they got the home field bottom line.As far as down the road Corbin is just looking at North Laurel because they will play better than they have all year long vs the hounds just like everybody else does they bring there A game vs Corbin.

1. Who was doing the talking of Corbin dropping South Laurel? (never a doubt about this series continuing)

2. Corbin dropped W'burg(at least according to Coach Black)because the Yellow Jackets were supposed to be down and Coach Jewell did not see the benefit of playing them.

3. Coach Jewell will not voluntarily schedule a Dudley Hilton coached team, no matter who it may be.

4. They should continue playing North Laurel.

5. They should play Knox Central and Whitley Co.

6. I don't believe they should play W'burg or Lynn Camp.

7. They can't play everyone who wants to play them. Six open games excluding district and Pigskin, so South & North Laurel are 2 of these, Somerset and LCA are 2 teams most would like to remain on schedule, which leaves 2 openings of which 1 is usually filled playing in a bowl game.

I had just heard it from several Corbin people that the game wasn't going to be played with south for a while. As for as Williamsburg and Lynn Camp go Corbin won't play them because of the fear they might loose. I remember Coach Jewell begging for his job in the Corbin paper after that loss telling all the fans how sorry he was that his guys blew it. Also as far as Williamsburg goes Coach Black isn't there any more and it is my understanding the new coaches have tried to play Corbin every year only to be refused. And with 6 Open dates they could play a majority of local teams especially if the blood is so bad between Jewell and Dudley that they can't play Bell anymore, that just leaves one more open date. Corbin could get a top notch schedule and never play a team from more than an hour away.

I had just heard it from several Corbin people that the game wasn't going to be played with south for a while. As for as Williamsburg and Lynn Camp go Corbin won't play them because of the fear they might loose. I remember Coach Jewell begging for his job in the Corbin paper after that loss telling all the fans how sorry he was that his guys blew it. Also as far as Williamsburg goes Coach Black isn't there any more and it is my understanding the new coaches have tried to play Corbin every year only to be refused. And with 6 Open dates they could play a majority of local teams especially if the blood is so bad between Jewell and Dudley that they can't play Bell anymore, that just leaves one more open date. Corbin could get a top notch schedule and never play a team from more than an hour away.

Williamsburg was very good that year, so he should not have to apologize after losing to them and has never been in danger of losing his job. The best I recall, Coach Jewell did not fumble or throw any INT's that night of the 7 Williamsburg forced. Coach Black stated that night on the radio show before the game that Coach Jewell did not want to continue the series the next year.

According to another thread(Mt Top 10 I believe), several Belfry fans stated that Belfry has tried the past 2-3 years to schedule Bell and Dudley wanted no part of it. They tried to schedule Bell Co. next year earlier in the scheduling process before the schedules were full and got no response from Bell.

There are plenty of good schools in the Knoxville & Morristown areas that would gladly schedule Bell Co. according to my Tennessee sources.

I honestly think Corbin should schedule Whitley Co., Knox Central and Rockcastle Co. on a yearly basis before even considering Bell Co. if there are openings on the schedule.

You don't have to believe me, but I checked up on what all the Belfry fans have been saying and its all false. I know what really happened, which is all that really matters to me.

Also it looks as if Bell will be scheduling some Tennesee teams next year. They have played a team out of Tennesee the last 3 years I believe. There maybe a couple this year.

As for scheduling Knox Central, Whitley, etc, I don't blame you because those are games you have a chance to win. :thumb:

Because Corbin is a quality opponent pretty close to home that has had a very balanced rivalry for the 18 years or so leading up to when the series ended. I think Corbin is still a good program, but don't feel like they can beat Bell Co. or they would still be playing.