Biggest Homer on BGP (Pro Sports only!)

spindoc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is meant to be insulting or a compliment.

I'll take it as a compliment from here on out.

Good hearted ribbing homie. I commend you for sticking with your team, to say the least. Kinda like Hangman sticking with his Seahawks, thick or thin, he's in their camp. Commendable!

We need to define homer first. IMO, a homer is not someone who repeatedly posts about his/her team. To me, a homer is someone who can never admit any wrongdoing by their favorite team or player.

I would say that is a good definition. There is also an added something as well that puts he or she over the edge... Almost like a connection they have with a team that only they can understand which helps justify any mistakes or losses.

For instance, say the team you are a homer for lost 40-0. A homer can argue that 33 of the points were garbage and meant nothing.

As much as I'd like to go with a "sleeper" pick, I gotta go with HB20. He defends the G-Men no matter what. He always backs them and he's always optimistic it seems. You can rarely mention the Giants in any way without him responding, as I've had plenty of exchanges with him regarding his team...often when I was trying to compliment them.

There's no need for a poll on this one.

Now, if you wanted to extend this beyond pro sports and beyond teams, I would consider nominating...

futurecoach = Tubby Smith

gametime = Kevin Durant

:D

As much as I'd like to go with a "sleeper" pick, I gotta go with HB20. He defends the G-Men no matter what. He always backs them and he's always optimistic it seems. You can rarely mention the Giants in any way without him responding, as I've had plenty of exchanges with him regarding his team...often when I was trying to compliment them.

There's no need for a poll on this one.

Now, if you wanted to extend this beyond pro sports and beyond teams, I would consider nominating...

futurecoach = Tubby Smith

gametime = Kevin Durant

:D

Hammertime= Kobe