Highlands 48 Hopkinsville 21

jbwill2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost home. Man that's a long trip and makes for a long day.

More later, but for now the Hoptown folks were gracious hosts and nice people. Great facility. Good to meet westsider and scribe. Nice folks.

The feeling is mutual ... all of the Highlands people I met were first-class people, especially you and Henry.

Glad you made it back safely.

Thx westsider.

Now for the game: Crawford returned to action and had something like 170 yds on 12 carries. That's an acceptable avg.:D. Head also ran and caught the ball well. Fennell also had nice carries. Guigugli had a nice game throwing the ball. I think the O only punted once during the game. We moved the ball very very well. Any concerns about Highlands O after the Ryle game should be quickly disappearing.

Birds D played very well against the run. Pass D has some things to work on but I'm certain they will get that straightened out as they certainly have the athletes to do so.

Not sure if the long trip had any adverse affect on the Birds performance today. They seemed very flat before the game, which a week after the CovCath win and after the long trip isn't very surprising I guess.

Hoptown isn't a bad team at all as I knew from watching tape. No. 3 is a very talented receiver and has nice speed. Actually there are several players on Hopkinsville that have nice speed and are very athletic. No. 7, their kicker, has a very nice leg. QB has a nice arm and when given time, looks to have a lot of poise and throws the ball well. I'll say this: if the players work hard and buy into their coaching, the Tigers could be a real threat in the playoffs. Not saying they will win the western bracket, but anyone that blows them off will be sorry.

And like Henry I was a little surprised by the turn out of the Hoptown fans. Don't know if the UK game had anything to do with that or not. I do imagine the Hoptown coaches wish the one loud "fan" for Hoptown had stayed home and watched the UK game. :D From the Highlands perspective, he was certainly entertaining, but I doubt the Hoptown coaches came to the same conclusion.:thumb:

Any way, congrats to both teams and we're glad to be home and rested.

And like Henry I was a little surprised by the turn out of the Hoptown fans. Don't know if the UK game had anything to do with that or not. I do imagine the Hoptown coaches wish the one loud "fan" for Hoptown had stayed home and watched the UK game. :D From the Highlands perspective, he was certainly entertaining, but I doubt the Hoptown coaches came to the same conclusion.:thumb:

Any way, congrats to both teams and we're glad to be home and rested.

Such is the culture in Hopkinsville. Their sports teams struggle to have a large following for high school sports. It's a shame because it would have been nice to see a large turnout for a great afternoon of football weather-wise.

Don't know for sure. Dale Mueller said they hope to have him back by the end of the regular season.

I would say that Josh might get a couple of carries next week and then maybe play against Lex-Cath and then go into the bye week. That way it will give him 2 more weeks during the bye weeks to heal. But what do i know, i'm not Josh. Take your time son!!!!

Such is the culture in Hopkinsville. Their sports teams struggle to have a large following for high school sports. It's a shame because it would have been nice to see a large turnout for a great afternoon of football weather-wise.

Hoptown's fan base is fickle. Even worse, there would have been fewer Christian County fans there if they were playing Highlands. They should just give the Stadium to Fort Campbell and Trigg County. They would come closer to filling it on game night.

Birds showed they can travel and win against a formidable opponent. I really like the way Ollie Head is stepping up and playing like a Veteran. 3 scores yesterday and he is already a force on Defense. This is the type of Senior leadership the Birds need to get them #18. I saw where Laber got a pick for a TD also, its good to see the Seniors playing well and being leaders.

Birds showed they can travel and win against a formidable opponent. I really like the way Ollie Head is stepping up and playing like a Veteran. 3 scores yesterday and he is already a force on Defense. This is the type of Senior leadership the Birds need to get them #18. I saw where Laber got a pick for a TD also, its good to see the Seniors playing well and being leaders.

Ollie is really stepping it up. Actually he always has. With that I say we give him the "Doc Daughtery Chevron Oil" ball award for his play yesterday.:D

Ollie is really stepping it up. Actually he always has. With that I say we give him the "Doc Daughtery Chevron Oil" ball award for his play yesterday.:D

Love the sponsorship awards. We have to give one in honor of Boom. The "Ft. Thomas tour of homes Game Ball" next week. ;)

Just relaying the message. He did appear to be in a hard cast yesterday and walking with a noticable limp.
Didn't look to be limping to me. He does have a soft cast on and will play against Scott Fri. Actually, he was running some Sat.

Love the sponsorship awards. We have to give one in honor of Boom. The "Ft. Thomas tour of homes Game Ball" next week. ;)

:laugh:You guys are killing me!!!! Don't you think I would of rather been in Hoptown rooting my Birds on. Instead having 3 or 400 people walking through my home. It was kind of funny though, Sweeperboy and I were watching the Highlands game and UK game while people were walking through.:D

Edited by Ram
Rule 13