Highlands/Hopkinsville predictions

steve kahn

Who wins this one?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

Listen, Highlands is head and shoulders better than Hopkinsville...This would have been a great matchup back in the mid to late 90's when Artose Pinner, Miguel Merrit and several others roamed the field, but, this isn't the same caliber team as some of those..They have some good athletes and are an average to good team, but, not in the class of Highlands teams of the past year or 2 or this year...

It was a great game. I believe HHS won that game. It was for the State Championship. :thumb:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFter watching Hoptown on film tonight with LN and others I think the Birds take care of business but Hoptown has an athletic RB who made some very nice runs against Owensboro. Birds need to get after the their QB and blitz him into oblivion IMO. On offense they need to keep doing what they are doing and things will work out. Offensive line should be able to control line of scrimmage and with the depth at RB we have it should be lights out by 3rd qtr.

Good luck Birds.

I would love to hear from the Hoptown faithful.

The Hoptown faithful are reeling right now after 3 straight losses. All three games Hoptown outgained their opponents, but made too many mistakes to win. They had Madisonville down 14 points and lost. Outgained Owensboro by over 150 yards, but threw 3 first half interceptions. That's the kind of season that they have had.

This team had some high expectations, and still does, because of a pretty talented senior class (18 of them) - most started on last years' team.

Their schedule this year is also brutal playing Owensboro, Highlands, Christian Co, and Mercer Co (who are all in the top 10 in 5A), then finishing with Warren Central and Lincoln Co.

They just need some breaks to go their way to turn things around. A big win would help. Will it come this weekend - highly doubtful. But that doesn't mean they're not going to lace'em up and play their butts off.

We'll be there on Saturday and we'll see what happens. The game should bring a big crowd from the area to see the vaunted Blue Birds. I'm not sure when the last time they played down here.

The Hoptown faithful are reeling right now after 3 straight losses. All three games Hoptown outgained their opponents, but made too many mistakes to win. They had Madisonville down 14 points and lost. Outgained Owensboro by over 150 yards, but threw 3 first half interceptions. That's the kind of season that they have had.

This team had some high expectations, and still does, because of a pretty talented senior class (18 of them) - most started on last years' team.

Their schedule this year is also brutal playing Owensboro, Highlands, Christian Co, and Mercer Co (who are all in the top 10 in 5A), then finishing with Warren Central and Lincoln Co.

They just need some breaks to go their way to turn things around. A big win would help. Will it come this weekend - highly doubtful. But that doesn't mean they're not going to lace'em up and play their butts off.

We'll be there on Saturday and we'll see what happens. The game should bring a big crowd from the area to see the vaunted Blue Birds. I'm not sure when the last time they played down here.

Nice to get a Hoptown perspective, thanks for sharing your thoughts on their season. :thumb:

Football can definitely be decided by turnovers, that is for sure.

I'll be going to Hoptown Saturday...but won't be staying. :cool:

Your not staying for the game or your not staying the night?:confused:

This bus is round trip, leaves around 8 a.m. Sat. and will be back around 11 p.m. or 12 p.m. Sat.