steve kahn

Who wins this one?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoptown needs to hold on the ball. They are averaging well over 300 yards a game but fumbles and tip balls being pick off are killing them. If we can take care of the ball it could be a competitive game. Hoptown outplayed Owensbore but two times the tigers turn it over on tip balls that should have been caught one should have been an easy touchdown.

The tigers are looking forward to the challenge and expect to play good. I hope all the Highlands fans who are traveling down have a safe trip and enjoy their stay in Hopkinsville. The Stadium of Champions is one of the top football stadiums in the state and the playing surface is top notch.

Hoptown needs to hold on the ball. They are averaging well over 300 yards a game but fumbles and tip balls being pick off are killing them. If we can take care of the ball it could be a competitive game. Hoptown outplayed Owensbore but two times the tigers turn it over on tip balls that should have been caught one should have been an easy touchdown.

The tigers are looking forward to the challenge and expect to play good. I hope all the Highlands fans who are traveling down have a safe trip and enjoy their stay in Hopkinsville. The Stadium of Champions is one of the top football stadiums in the state and the playing surface is top notch.

It certainly looks like a very nice facility and a beautiful field. I hear it is natural turf but looks artificial.

[/b]

It certainly looks like a very nice facility and a beautiful field. I hear it is natural turf but looks artificial.

I too had a chance to see the Hop-town O-boro game last night thanks to a, there is no such thing as a former Marine, who shall remain nameless. Hopkinsville looked quite capable of giving the Birds all they want.

They field/stadium looks first class. I just wish someone would pony up a few bucks to buy the camera man a tripod, and maybe focus the camera too. I wished I had taken some Dramamine :creepy: before watching.

If Highlands goes over to Hoptown and plays an all-around solid, minimal-mistake game, then I will be very impressed, since (as some other BGP'ers have said) HHS is coming off a huge win in their rivalry game, the game is way far away, and everybody seems to think that this will be an easy game. It will speak well for Highlands' focus and commitment if they go out there with full guns blazing!

It will speak well for Highlands' focus and commitment if they go out there with full guns blazing!
I have no doubt that this will be the case. I spoke briefly with one of the HHS assistants at last week's Cov Cath game. I told him not to let the guys take anything for granted.

He said, "Don't worry; they're about to get an earful right now!"

And this was before the game.

Would love alittle help from the Hopkinsville faithful. Have directions to the school, but found out tonight that the stadium is not located at the school. Could someone give directions to the stadium?

Are you driving the bus? :scared:

Would love alittle help from the Hopkinsville faithful. Have directions to the school, but found out tonight that the stadium is not located at the school. Could someone give directions to the stadium?

You're taking the Western Kentucky Parkway to the Ned Breathitt Pennyrile Parkway into Hopkinsville. Take the Parkway until it ends. They have just built a new extension that ends at the Eagle Way Bypass (US 68). Turn right off of the parkway and the Stadium is about a half mile on the left. You can't miss it. Turn left at the fire station to enter the parking lot.

Take the Western Kentucky Parkway toward Paducan to the Hopkinsville exit, then the Pennyrile Parkway toward Hopkinsville/Ft Campbell and stay on it until it ends (there is a new section that just opened last week). When it ends take a right and go about a half mile and you'll see the stadium on the left.

Have a safe trip.:cool: