Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gallatin County 15 Trimble County 6

Featured Replies

Final...

I thought that Trimble would score more.

Way to go Gallatin Cats

Trimble scored in the third on a 73 yard TD pass. Gallatin did nothing on offense for 3 quarters, but the defense forced a fumble at midfield which led to the go ahead score with over 9 minutes left.

On Trimble's next possession the Cats picked off a pass and returned it 50 yards for a score.

Congrats to Coach Browning and Gallatin

Congrats to the Wildcats! I heard the Raiders did not use the A11 offense in this game and stayed with conventional sets. Any truth to it? Maybe TBG can get on here and elaborate why they moved away from it.

 

 

Go Cats! Good luck against next week's foe... Emminence Warriors.

WOW is all I can say. Congrats to the WIldcats. As for Trimble Co. you will bounce back. You have some very good young talent.

Congrats to the GC Wildcats!

Congrats to the Wildcats! I heard the Raiders did not use the A11 offense in this game and stayed with conventional sets. Any truth to it? Maybe TBG can get on here and elaborate why they moved away from it.

 

 

Go Cats! Good luck against next week's foe... Emminence Warriors.

 

Yes they did not utilize the A11 and I am not sure why in this case, but minus a couple of Offensive mis-cues they looked fairly good, Deffensively they did well from what I saw. I think that New QB Sullivan is still not comfortable behind center, he looks like he would do better from a tailback position his decision making is not that of a QB and I am not sure but it looks like to me that he is being told who to throw to and is afraid to look off even when his DR is double covered several times he had 2 or 3 open Rec. and thru into double coverage. loosen up the reins and maybe you will find a leader underneath there somewhere. QB's should be taught to read the coverages anyway.I do understand that he is a Senior and you dont have much time but still an Athlete is an Athlete right. I think the Raiders are far better a Team than they have presented the last 3 weeks and they will bounce back.:thumb:

Yes they did not utilize the A11 and I am not sure why in this case, but minus a couple of Offensive mis-cues they looked fairly good, Deffensively they did well from what I saw. I think that New QB Sullivan is still not comfortable behind center, he looks like he would do better from a tailback position his decision making is not that of a QB and I am not sure but it looks like to me that he is being told who to throw to and is afraid to look off even when his DR is double covered several times he had 2 or 3 open Rec. and thru into double coverage. loosen up the reins and maybe you will find a leader underneath there somewhere. QB's should be taught to read the coverages anyway.I do understand that he is a Senior and you dont have much time but still an Athlete is an Athlete right. I think the Raiders are far better a Team than they have presented the last 3 weeks and they will bounce back.:thumb:

 

First, congratulations to Coach Browning and the Wilcats. Their defense was able to capitalize on two TC miscues (interception and fumble) to win the game. Good teams do that.

 

Secondly, in answer to Big Country Boy, as I am not the coach, I will not attempt to dissect Coach Poynter's reason for choosing to not utilize the A-11.

 

As for Sullivan, he is a first year QB, but not a first year varsity player. I guess some people think that we should put a kid as varsity QB that only ever had seen varsity time on special teams or as 2nd string when the game is out of reach. Actually, there is a very interesting prospect that is a freshman for the Raider's future QB. He is getting plenty of 1st string varsity time this year. He also takes care of all of those other pesky little details, such as academics, behavior...and being at practice all the time (which is true of Sullivan also). He is a good decision maker, thinks clearly and doesn't get plays muddled in his head and works well under pressure. Who knows when we may see him in action?

I am just curious who this freshman star is and did he play in middle school last year? I watched Trimble middle play last year and did not see this kid you speak of.

I am just curious who this freshman star is and did he play in middle school last year? I watched Trimble middle play last year and did not see this kid you speak of.

 

Where did you see the word "star" in my post? Please don't put words in my mouth and then ask me questions.

 

Middle school is quite a bit different then high school. When you are coached by different people, sometimes you develop new skills and ability, not to mention having a year to mature more both physically and mentally. Many times your middle school "star" is an average player on a high school field. They might have developed early in MS so therefore were bigger or more athletic then their competition. This sometimes leads to unreasonable expectations in high school concerning a child's ability and who should be played at which position.

Where did you see the word "star" in my post? Please don't put words in my mouth and then ask me questions.

 

Middle school is quite a bit different then high school. When you are coached by different people, sometimes you develop new skills and ability, not to mention having a year to mature more both physically and mentally. Many times your middle school "star" is an average player on a high school field. They might have developed early in MS so therefore were bigger or more athletic then their competition. This sometimes leads to unreasonable expectations in high school concerning a child's ability and who should be played at which position.

 

 

I am sorry if you took it the wrong way, I actually was defending you from the guy who seems to be questioning the direction of the QB situation. I was just wondering who the child was. Is Ward still playing QB as a freshman

I am sorry if you took it the wrong way, I actually was defending you from the guy who seems to be questioning the direction of the QB situation. I was just wondering who the child was. Is Ward still playing QB as a freshman

 

Ward has a medical condition and his family has decided to hold him out of football for a year. He will play basketball.

 

Thanks for the defense. ;)

Coach Poynter is doing a good job, just have a young team that has to learn to win. Which he has shown them how over the last several years. What did Trimble do before he got there?? Zero! Time and maturity and this team will be ok. If the team is young and not experienced it doesn't matter what offense and Defense you run.

Coach Poynter is doing a good job, just have a young team that has to learn to win. Which he has shown them how over the last several years. What did Trimble do before he got there?? Zero! Time and maturity and this team will be ok. If the team is young and not experienced it doesn't matter what offense and Defense you run.

 

Very well put....It's not the x's and o's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's.....:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.