Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 5 College Coaches

Featured Replies

List your top 5 active coaches. Reasons do not matter....just list the best 5 in the country!

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Here's mine! Fire away!!!!!

 

Bobby Bowden, Bob Stoops, Mark Richt, Frank Beamon, Tommy Tuberville

Howard Schnellenberger, Frank Beamon, Jim Leavitt, Mark Richt, Pete Carroll.

Joe Paterno

Bobby Bowden

Mark Richt

Pete Carroll

Les Miles

Pete Carrol

Les Miles

Steve Spurrier

Joe Paterno

Bobby Bowden

  • Author
Pete Carrol

Les Miles

Steve Spurrier

Joe Paterno

Bobby Bowden

 

I was wondering how many would list Spurrier!! I always thought he was over-rated but his body of work speaks for itself!:cry:

No certain order.....

 

Jim Tressel

Mark Richt

Tom Tubberville

Bobby Bowden/ Joe Paterno

Pete Carroll

 

 

 

The thread said 5 and there are others I would certainly list as top coaches in the country as well. IMO Bowden and Paterno (I listed them together)should be included on any top coaches list anywhere.

Pete Carroll

Mark Richt

Jim Tressel

Urban Meyer

Mack Brown

Mark Richt - Georgia

Mike Bellotti - Oregon

Jim Tressel - OSU

Pete Carroll - USC

Greg Schiano - Rutgers

In no order...

 

Mark Richt

Steve Spurrier

Jim Tressel

Pete Carroll

Joe Pa

Urban Meyer-FL

Rich Rod-UM

Pete Carroll-USC

Les Miles-LSU

Steve Spurrier-SC

In no certain order, here's mine:

 

Jim Tressel

Bobby Petrino

Mack Brown

Les Miles

Pete Carroll

Are we talking TODAY or are we taking into account their history? If its the former, no way Bowden and JoePa make the list.

NO particular order, Urban Meyer, Mark Richt, Pete Carrol, Rich Rod, Jim Tressel. Spurrier, Les Miles, Mack Brown and Bob Stoops are overrated. Joe Pa and Bowden are alltime greats but are barely relevent in todays game. I'd say the best would be Meyer, he's won everywhere he's been last years 4 losses seems bad, but c'mon he plays in the SEC, and very few would have been able to beat Michigan in that bowl game. Rich Rod and Richt may be to high, but Rich Rod had WVU in title contention for crying out loud! At the start of the decade they were an afterthought in the Big East. And I just like the way Richt coaches, I think he's going to start earning alot more respect. As for Carroll and Tressel, one of the two seems to be playing in the national title every year, even if they do lose.

Meyer

Miles

Carroll

Richt

Saban - there I said it. I don't like the guy but I think he can coach.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.