Jackson Browne sues McCain, RNC over song in ad

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, I just think that Jackson Browne is being more then a little overdramatic by saying he has suffered irreberable harm.

The last time I checked there hadn't been a huge rush to burn him in effigy because a *gasp* Republican had used one of his songs.

I'm missing nothing. I just find it laughable that Jackson Browne says that he has suffered "irreperable harm". Irreperable harm in mymind means loss of life or limb. Jackson Browne has lost nothing.

That's lawyer-speak. You'll find that in any lawsuit of this type.

And yes, he has lost something. The control of his intellectual property. The lawsuit is designed to reaffirm that control.

Doctor, My Eyes must be deceiving me. Browne needs to Take It Easy, because politics can be stressful on a guy his age. He needs to back out of this, Before The Deluge. You can bet Your Bright Baby Blues that McCain's lawyers will have some stuff of thier own, and then Here Comes Those Tears Again.

Doctor, My Eyes must be deceiving me. Browne needs to Take It Easy, because politics can be stressful on a guy his age. He needs to back out of this, Before The Deluge. You can bet Your Bright Baby Blues that McCain's lawyers will have some stuff of thier own, and then Here Comes Those Tears Again.
Nicely done. :lol:

And then it would be time for the Load Out. :D

Personally, if someone used his work (anyone's work) in something like this, without permission - it is unethical in my mind. :thumb:

Way to miss the point. It's irrelevant that he's a tree-hugger. It's that McCain's people are using copyrighted material without permission. I'm sure you'd feel different if Obama were lifting a Toby Keith song.

Toby is a Dem, he probably wouldn't care.....