What is Gamesmanship and What is Cheating?

Hatz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure...I take it to mean a sound not produced naturally by a living organism.

I have questioned this before. I honestly don't know when a noise is artificial or natural. By living organism, would thunder be a natural noise? Cars on the road beside the field?

I have questioned this before. I honestly don't know when a noise is artificial or natural. By living organism, would thunder be a natural noise? Cars on the road beside the field?

I guess my definition wasn't very good. Thunder is natural, a car is not, so I guess if it, in any way, needs the assistance of humans to make noise, it is not natural. Musical instruments are definitely NOT natural.

I seem to recall announcements before every game I attend saying that artificial noisemakers are banned by the KHSAA.

I think the official quote is 'The use of artificial noisemakers is strictly prohibited by the KHSAA'.

As far as the cheating situations given, ...

watering the field - CHEATING

growing the grass long - CHEATING

filming opposing teams games - CHEATING

overzealous scouting - NOT SURE WHAT THIS ENTAILS

tear-away jerseys - IF IT IS AGAINST THE RULES, CHEATING, IF NOT, JUST GAMESMANSHIP

Noise makers are for the fans. If you ask most players they will tell you they don't hear anything that goes on in the stands.

As a player I was never intimidated but as a fan I am always intimidated when the opposing teams fans wear toga's, especially the guy who takes up tickets.:lol:

I can remember back in the "big game" in the late 70's early 80's that one team (when wearing white) would use cotton T shirts for their QB and RB only. The jerseys obviously had to be replaced several times during the games... Now the T shirts had the players number and all so it was "legit" however, I have always reserved the right to feel that this was a true reflection of ones lack of "class". Does anyone else recall this...?