Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pet Peeves

Featured Replies

I think we've done this before, but my morning "experiences" cause me to want to vent again. Went to the court house this morning to register my new truck. Got there 20 minutes early. Several folks already standing outside the door. A guy walks up and takes a seat on a wall close to the door. Walks right past us. When the door gets unlocked, he walks in first, knowing full well that several of us had been there first. Also had a guy pull up and park right outside the door with the handicap sticker hanging on his mirror. Gets out and walks just fine. Even "healthy" enough to light up a smoke. People like this just irritate the you know what out of me. Rude, rude, rude. I can't stand rude people. What are your pet peeves?

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a ton. :lol:

 

I guess working in the type of work I do, I have a really short fuse for rudeness in any capacity, ie: what you describe.

 

The other day, I had to be at work later than usual, as I was working till 11. So, I hopped on a bus mid-day, and there, at first glance, no place to sit. But, after showing the driver my pass, and finding my balance as she took off, I noticed about 10 people sitting in seats on the aisle, but the seat next to the window was vacant. And they people don't move over, they avoid your eyes and it's infuriating! I mean, how hard is it to either stand up and offer the new passenger the window seat, or just scoot over and let them have the aisle seat? There are so many times I see people ignore elderly people when they get on the bus, and the elderly wind up standing! ARRRGGGHHH!

I can certainly identify with the H.C. parking, I am disabled and really get "upset" when I see someone like you described get in and out walking just fine and me with a walker or wheelchair.

Others are........ waiting to check out at a convienence store.etc. and someone standing at the counter scracthing off lottery tickets!...... I can be in a boat fishing and have someone fly by WAY too close on a jet ski, pleasure boat or the like........ Another is being in a waiting room, restaraunt or some place like this and hear/see a kid acting up, throwing a fit and the parent just sitting there and letting them by with it or worse laughing while saying something to the child (not baby) like, "Oh, you're just soo unhappy" or "go ahead, that won't get you anywhere", "now be quiet or you will get a time out"....I don't know about others on here but when I acted up like that in public my parent would take a "time out" of their day to bust my butt and take me out of the place!

 

O.K., I have vented on a few, thanks for this thread ln.:thumb::lol:

When people do not close the cereal box after eating out of it.

People who drive, and never leave the left lane.

Detroit Red Wings Fans

I can certainly identify with the H.C. parking, I am disabled and really get "upset" when I see someone like you described get in and out walking just fine and me with a walker or wheelchair.

Others are........ waiting to check out at a convienence store.etc. and someone standing at the counter scracthing off lottery tickets!...... I can be in a boat fishing and have someone fly by WAY too close on a jet ski, pleasure boat or the like........ Another is being in a waiting room, restaraunt or some place like this and hear/see a kid acting up, throwing a fit and the parent just sitting there and letting them by with it or worse laughing while saying something to the child (not baby) like, "Oh, you're just soo unhappy" or "go ahead, that won't get you anywhere", "now be quiet or you will get a time out"....I don't know about others on here but when I acted up like that in public my parent would take a "time out" of their day to bust my butt and take me out of the place!

 

O.K., I have vented on a few, thanks for this thread ln.:thumb::lol:

 

 

I will give parents lead-way on this up until about age 2 and a half.

 

I was in McDonalds a few weeks ago, and two mothers were letting there 8,9,10 year old children go crazy. They were jumping on booths, and almost making people drop there food. I came within 3 inches of turning around and asking the mothers to get off their butts and do some parenting.

People who drive, and never leave the left lane.

 

Amen, Gooch!! My biggest "driving" pet peeve: people who don't let others by.

 

When I happen to be driving slower on a 2-lane road, and people are behind me, I do the "unthinkable" here in Kentucky: I pull over regularly to let the others go by, then resume my drive.

 

Is that piece of common courtesy so difficult?

People who write a check at the self checkout.

People who pull out in front of you like they are in a hurry then drive slow. I have no problem pulling out in front of me as long as I don't have to hit my brakes or let off of the gas.

People who let their children use those roller shoes in a retail store! People who talk on cell phones while being waited on by someone in a restaurant or other service area. RUDE!

 

At Home: this may sound weird but it drives me crazy when someone uses the hose and doesn't roll it back up. I think I am the chief hose roller here.

People who pull out in front of you like they are in a hurry then drive slow. I have no problem pulling out in front of me as long as I don't have to hit my brakes or let off of the gas.

 

Another good one! :thumb:

Another good one! :thumb:

 

 

It is one of the biggest ones while driving.

 

another one while driving. People passing you and then turning into a driveway a mile down the road. They get home at least 3-5 seconds earlier.

People who pull out in front of you like they are in a hurry then drive slow. I have no problem pulling out in front of me as long as I don't have to hit my brakes or let off of the gas.

 

Drives me Bonkers!!!:madman:

1) A student-athlete who throws a helmet or bat, after making an out.

2) Hold door open for someone and not even a "thanks".

3) Driver who pulls out in front of you, then turns off.

4) Scratch off Lottery tickets, while other wait in line.

5) Concession prices, at Applebee's Park.

6) Young teenagers, who use vulgarity or smoke in public.

1. Drivers that are in such a hurry to pull out in front of you,and than drive slowly.

 

2. Drivers that pass you on the road and than decide to turn, making you have to stop untill traffic passes.

 

3. People that have a buggy full of groceries checking out in the fast lane.

 

As you can tell......I have a case road rage when i am behind the wheel.:devil:

1. Drivers that are in such a hurry to pull out in front of you,and than drive slowly.

 

2. Drivers that pass you on the road and than decide to turn, making you have to stop untill traffic passes.

 

3. People that have a buggy full of groceries checking out in the fast lane.

 

As you can tell......I have a case road rage when i am behind the wheel.:devil:

 

 

That right there is probably the best reason why I shouldn't own my dream car, an M1A2 Abrams. There would be plenty of smoldering wreckage but people would think twice about doing that. :irked:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.