July 20, 200818 yr 1) A student-athlete who throws a helmet or bat, after making an out. 4) Scratch off Lottery tickets, while other wait in line. 6) Young teenagers, who use vulgarity or smoke in public. I certainly can agree with these. I will say that the throwing the bat/helmet one I was guilty of in little league two different occasions. The first time I got "a talking to" and told not to do it again by my coach. Second time was just a few games later.....then I really got ripped, benched and didn't play in the next couple of games, lesson learned. I never did it again and years down the road when I coached youth baseball I had that same rule.
July 20, 200818 yr I hate the way that the movie credits roll on TV; all scrunched up on one side of the screen and at supersonic speed. Someone mentioned texting, but even worse is being in a restaurant and having to listen to someone on their cell phone during the whole meal. And it will generally be a young lady talking about her boy problems, or some self-important guy talking about work at a volume just under that of a jet taking off.
July 20, 200818 yr People that complain about the cell phone light when I text at a movie theater. People who TEXT MESSAGE during a movie. Sorry, Eguy, but turn the thing off - it's only an hour and a half.
July 20, 200818 yr People who pull out in front of you like they are in a hurry then drive slow. I have no problem pulling out in front of me as long as I don't have to hit my brakes or let off of the gas.On a similar theme are those people who pass you repeatedly on an expressway but then slow down to the point where you have to pass them to avoid running over them. Your cruise control is set, so you know that they are the one driving erratically, but just after passing you again, they begin slowing down again. Just as annoying are the people who, I assume unconsciously, speed up as you begin to pass them in the fast lane, forcing you to either accelerate to clear the lane or slow down and pull in behind them. Inevitably, when you choose to pull behind them, they will resume their slowpoke pace again.
July 20, 200818 yr On a similar theme are those people who pass you repeatedly on an expressway but then slow down to the point where you have to pass them to avoid running over them. Your cruise control is set, so you know that they are the one driving erratically, but just after passing you again, they begin slowing down again. Just as annoying are the people who, I assume unconsciously, speed up as you begin to pass them in the fast lane, forcing you to either accelerate to clear the lane or slow down and pull in behind them. Inevitably, when you choose to pull behind them, they will resume their slowpoke pace again. I agree on both of those.
July 20, 200818 yr People being late. People that wear bluetooth headsets inside restaraunts, airports, malls, etc. People that use too many smilies while posting on BGP. Old people and Ohio drivers.
July 20, 200818 yr People that use too many smilies while posting on BGP. :irked: :argue: :confused: :fight: :lol: :laugh: You HAD to know this was coming...!
July 20, 200818 yr I certainly can agree with these. I will say that the throwing the bat/helmet one I was guilty of in little league two different occasions. The first time I got "a talking to" and told not to do it again by my coach. Second time was just a few games later.....then I really got ripped, benched and didn't play in the next couple of games, lesson learned. I never did it again and years down the road when I coached youth baseball I had that same rule. Another pet peeve - when parents complain that little Johnny wasn't treated right when coaches are trying to teach lessons like the above...
July 20, 200818 yr Another pet peeve - when parents complain that little Johnny wasn't treated right when coaches are trying to teach lessons like the above... Or when teachers do this as well. Parents will fight to the end even when their kids are in the wrong. Take the punishment and move on.
July 20, 200818 yr Lets see.....Just a few that come to mind. Kids throwing dirty socks on the floor. Kids putting empty doughnut and whatever else boxes back in pantry. Kids putting empty milk jug back in fridge. Are you kidding me? People smoking around me in public places and letting the cig smoke just blow right in my face. Satellite TV going out during storms. Ignorance might be the biggest. People using 3 different machines and set of dumbells at the gym and getting upset if I work in.
July 20, 200818 yr In watching tv this evening, I was just reminded of a major pet peeve of mine. I cannot stand when television shows are pre-empted for stupid weather updates. I can very easily look outside to see that there is a thunderstorm brewing and don't see the need in a weather forecaster talking endlessly about which streets are currently "under the gun". If they want to get some weather information out, they should put it in a crawler at the bottom of the screen. The only time I can even think that such an update is truly necessary is if there is a tornado warning, which just so happens to have ocurred tonight. My main beef is when they spend twenty minutes talking about a thunderstorm. Okay...we get it. It's raining, thundering, and lightning. Now put my television show back on!!!!
July 21, 200818 yr I have so many I don't know where to start. This morning MrRk and I went to Frischers (?) for breakfast. I decided to have the breakfast bar. Just when we started to eat this family of 6 (Mom, Dad and 4 little bitty children) came in. The mother came to the breakfast bar with two of her children. The little girl stood there with her head shoved all the way in under the glass and her hair was flying everywhere. The little boy, who never stopped screaming the whole time we were there, was playing with the things you pick up food with (I can't for the life of me remember what they are called). He would take them and pick up food and eat the food off of them. He would lick them and then just toss them aside. The mother just kept on getting her food and acting like she didn't see what he was doing. Not once did this kid stop screaming. He would run to the food, lick everything and his father would come and pick him up, kicking and screaming and take him back to his seat. I, of course, did not eat another thing and when we left I spoke to the manager and told her what I had seen. So what is my pet peeve - kids screaming and kids licking all around the breakfast bar:irked:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.