Rivals preseason top 10 players in Kentucky

We could have the best punter in the country in KY but if all he does is punt I promise he would not make a "Top 10" list. Rating kids by position is the only ranking that really matters.

Bell County's kicker Merrick is one of the top ranked kicker/punters in country. He was on the early top "25 Watch List" by one rating system first time I could remember a kicker being on that. He is ranked 5 star and has been recruited actively by over 20 D-1 programs. I believe his Dad said that they had kicked for coaches this summer at about 10 of those schools. Heard he was going to Tennessee tomorrow for third visit. You are right....kickers can be highly recruited and no one seems to notice. Especially when they don't hale from Louisville or Lexington.

Courtney Dalcourt- Franklin-Simpson

Right, like I said the WKC is not represented.

Since the western side of the state is going to get one spot, he must be darn good if he's better than any player on the roster at Bowling Green, Owensboro, Hoptown, Tilghman, Henderson, Christian, Mayfield, Trigg, Madisonville, Ft Campbell...

Right, like I said the WKC is not represented.

Since the western side of the state is going to get one spot, he must be darn good if he's better than any player on the roster at Bowling Green, Owensboro, Hoptown, Tilghman, Henderson, Christian, Mayfield, Trigg, Madisonville, Ft Campbell...

Well, he is a bigger Class of 2009 recruit than there is at any of those schools right now.

It's hard to believe that all top 10 player are from either Lou or Lex. what about noprthen KY, Western and the mountain players. Does the rest of the state really just have so-so players??? Just hard to believe

It's hard to believe that all top 10 player are from either Lou or Lex. what about noprthen KY, Western and the mountain players. Does the rest of the state really just have so-so players??? Just hard to believe

They are projecting D-I success here, right? I think it is quite possible that Northern Ky and the mountains have no one ranked. I am a little surprised that Western Ky doesn't have more, but it may be an up cycle for Lousivlle and Lexington.

Naw, it just shows that gas prices have hit Rivals too. Their travel budgets have been hit by the high gas prices too. They can't travel outside of Louisville/Lexington.:lol:

Highlands High School

Can you say

Josh Conner

Bell County's kicker Merrick is one of the top ranked kicker/punters in country. He was on the early top "25 Watch List" by one rating system first time I could remember a kicker being on that. He is ranked 5 star and has been recruited actively by over 20 D-1 programs. I believe his Dad said that they had kicked for coaches this summer at about 10 of those schools. Heard he was going to Tennessee tomorrow for third visit. You are right....kickers can be highly recruited and no one seems to notice. Especially when they don't hale from Louisville or Lexington.

Can you provide a link for that??? Rivals or something??

Jamarielle Brown put up numbers that should put him in the conversation for this list. I understand that Lone Oak threw the ball 85% of the time, but 106 receptions for 2000+ yards and 28 TD's is nuts. I think both were a Kentucky state record. Also saw where he was listed on the ESPN Top 150 list.