Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Hamilton

Featured Replies

Josh Hamilton was arrested while being an active MLB player? Hamilton was indirectly involved in a strip club shooting? Not the best analogy.

 

But I do see the double standard of which you speak. Not just with Pacman as the comparison.

 

:thumb:

 

I didn't pick him to try and play the race card that was just the first one that came to my mind.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hamilton has made more than his share of personal mistakes, in his life. I don't think any sports fan, is equating him to walking on water but rather, to him overcoming his own personal demons in his life.

 

I've read a little about him and saw a special, about his early years. Very sad, but he brought that problem on himself. He will always be scrutinized, for early on and some, will never like him. We could probably located many, who would say nothing but negative things about Hamilton.

 

One reason for the fans accepting him back, is what he did was to himself and not the game. He was an addict and it affected his ability, to play. His conduct, was detrimental to himself and those around him, who were giving him an opportunity.

 

The Reds afforded him another chance and now with the Rangers, he's off to a tremendous start. Saint, idol, hero, loathsome character....perhaps all or none but what I do know, is Hamilton has given the fans something to cheer about in this great game. We as a society, like to see those rise above themselves and succeed. He has.

:thumb::thumb:

Race has nothing to do with it....And no, if Hamilton got busted again, people on here would be saying how they felt sorry for him.

 

I know I would, because I'm a big Hamilton fan.

Yes but Hamilton hasn't been responsible for anything thats happened to someone else like Pacman

 

Yeah, and on top of that Pacman is annoying, and seems unintelligent to me.

Its no secret the way things went in the club house with the Reds last year and everyone is just ignoring it. I'm glad he is doing well but its just not that great of a story. Maybe he has changed since last year I don't know really. I will bet you the Farm if Pacman has a great year this year there won't be the same kind of love affair with him.

 

 

Besides the so called "special attention", what else is being ignored?

It certainly looked like Willie Mays didn't like him. I'm not sure if he intended to ignore him, but that is what it looked like to me. I can't imagine what Fukudome and Mays were talking about so intently!

He's not all cracked out in this picture

He's not all cracked out in this picture

 

:lol:

It's because he is a former Red. Had Hamilton not been sold by the Cubs to the Reds following the Rule 5 draft and was wearing a Cubs hat last night, the board would be gushing with posts on how they are tired of hearing about Hamilton.

 

 

Maybe around the U.S. that could be the reason but the reason he is defended so much on here is for the bolded...:thumb:

:thumb:

Great take, and my feelings exactly...

 

Same here.

People only want to focus on one part of the story, how he overcame his addiction. Isn't the first half of the story where he became a selfish crack-head just as viable?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.