Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Hamilton

Featured Replies

Hamilton has made more than his share of personal mistakes, in his life. I don't think any sports fan, is equating him to walking on water but rather, to him overcoming his own personal demons in his life.

 

I've read a little about him and saw a special, about his early years. Very sad, but he brought that problem on himself. He will always be scrutinized, for early on and some, will never like him. We could probably located many, who would say nothing but negative things about Hamilton.

 

One reason for the fans accepting him back, is what he did was to himself and not the game. He was an addict and it affected his ability, to play. His conduct, was detrimental to himself and those around him, who were giving him an opportunity.

 

The Reds afforded him another chance and now with the Rangers, he's off to a tremendous start. Saint, idol, hero, loathsome character....perhaps all or none but what I do know, is Hamilton has given the fans something to cheer about in this great game. We as a society, like to see those rise above themselves and succeed. He has.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention society always has a way of rooting for the under dog.

I thought him bringing his brother's American Legion coach to pitch to him last night was pretty cool. Hard to knock the guy right now.
:thumb: But that is not the only reason, some on here respect and cheer for the guy bc of what he has overcome while others wait for him to fall (probably hoping that he does) bc they don't like the guy. I think that is obviouis.

 

It's not hearsay, when it's someone who was around him quite a bit....You can defend him all you want, but you're only fooling yourself.
Why should he beleive that, bc you said so? What is the difference in your word (which is not direct by the way) and what others opinions are? You have already said that you do not personally know so you are really just voicing your opinion, that is fine but others have that same right as well.

But my friend's cousin's brothers 3rd uncle twice removed said he's not that great of a guy and I can't make a conclusion on my accord so I just don't get how anyone can like him....

:laugh::laugh: I know what you mean......my ex brother in law's 3rd wife's brother said the same thing......so it has to be true.:jump:

:lol: :lol: You really don't know what you're talking about...

You are right, I guess that we all should just take it that you do. :rolleyes::lol::lol:

I do dislike him more than probably anyone else in baseball actually. I have reasons though. He's not even close to being as well liked as Casey though.
Now these statements I can agree with you on. I don't think that he is a popular or as well liked as "the Mayor" and I do believe that you dislike him greatly......seems to me that this is something personal with you and Hamlton and maybe you should take it up with him. Oh, that's right, you said that you didn't know him. :D

 

It is.

Yep........:thumb:

Hamilton has made more than his share of personal mistakes, in his life. I don't think any sports fan, is equating him to walking on water but rather, to him overcoming his own personal demons in his life.

 

I've read a little about him and saw a special, about his early years. Very sad, but he brought that problem on himself. He will always be scrutinized, for early on and some, will never like him. We could probably located many, who would say nothing but negative things about Hamilton.

 

One reason for the fans accepting him back, is what he did was to himself and not the game. He was an addict and it affected his ability, to play. His conduct, was detrimental to himself and those around him, who were giving him an opportunity.

 

The Reds afforded him another chance and now with the Rangers, he's off to a tremendous start. Saint, idol, hero, loathsome character....perhaps all or none but what I do know, is Hamilton has given the fans something to cheer about in this great game. We as a society, like to see those rise above themselves and succeed. He has.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: STRIKE3 imo this is the best post on this thread! Very well said and thank you for putting it like you did.

I 100% agree with you. There are enough stories about the bad and it is great to hear a good one for a change. Hamilton may fall back and he may not. I admire the man for how far that he has come in his battle and for staying clean, that goes much further than what he ever could do in baseball when compared to a man's life.;)

That's pretty pathetic then. It's sickening to see people on here talk about how wonderful of a person Hamilton is and what an ispiration he is, when they have no idea the type of person he really is.

And you do?

I'd do the trade again right now in a nanosecond...

 

Would Texas?

I understand its a great story and its a great success, but its not like he was dealt a crappy hand, such as beating cancer or something else... He decided he wanted to do drugs, and he did them. Congratulations to him on beating his addiction, but he brought it upon himself... I don't dislike the guy, but I certainly wouldn't consider him a favorite of mine either. He's an amazing talent, and its a good story, but I'm with you UKMF, he just annoys me somehow, and I don't get the impression of a "gee golly, he's a jolly good fellow" from him...

  • Author

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this....You guys don't have to believe me, I could care less if you do. The fact is I have a family member that dealt with Hamilton on a DAY-TO-DAY basis for the majority of the baseball season last year. I'll trust their word over anyone on here any day of the week.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this....You guys don't have to believe me, I could care less if you do. The fact is I have a family member that dealt with Hamilton on a DAY-TO-DAY basis for the majority of the baseball season last year. I'll trust their word over anyone on here any day of the week.

 

Well you know what they say about opinions....:walk:

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this....You guys don't have to believe me, I could care less if you do. The fact is I have a family member that dealt with Hamilton on a DAY-TO-DAY basis for the majority of the baseball season last year. I'll trust their word over anyone on here any day of the week.
I don't dispute anything you have said regarding Hamilton and don't dispute your source. However, when people press you for the reason why you feel that way and your response is along the lines of "just because", you have to expect the doubters to come out against you.

 

I wouldn't think a small example would be too much to disclose on here, but don't want to put you in a tough spot with the family member who probably swore you to secrecy.

 

You just have to expect the doubters to doubt you with the information you have provided on here. Nothing more, nothing less.

Its no secret the way things went in the club house with the Reds last year and everyone is just ignoring it. I'm glad he is doing well but its just not that great of a story. Maybe he has changed since last year I don't know really. I will bet you the Farm if Pacman has a great year this year there won't be the same kind of love affair with him.

I understand its a great story and its a great success, but its not like he was dealt a crappy hand, such as beating cancer or something else... He decided he wanted to do drugs, and he did them. Congratulations to him on beating his addiction, but he brought it upon himself... I don't dislike the guy, but I certainly wouldn't consider him a favorite of mine either. He's an amazing talent, and its a good story, but I'm with you UKMF, he just annoys me somehow, and I don't get the impression of a "gee golly, he's a jolly good fellow" from him...

 

:thumb::thumb:

Its no secret the way things went in the club house with the Reds last year and everyone is just ignoring it. I'm glad he is doing well but its just not that great of a story. Maybe he has changed since last year I don't know really. I will bet you the Farm if Pacman has a great year this year there won't be the same kind of love affair with him.

Josh Hamilton was arrested while being an active MLB player? Hamilton was indirectly involved in a strip club shooting? Not the best analogy.

 

But I do see the double standard of which you speak. Not just with Pacman as the comparison.

Its no secret the way things went in the club house with the Reds last year and everyone is just ignoring it. I'm glad he is doing well but its just not that great of a story. Maybe he has changed since last year I don't know really. I will bet you the Farm if Pacman has a great year this year there won't be the same kind of love affair with him.

 

Yes but Hamilton hasn't been responsible for anything thats happened to someone else like Pacman

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.