National Champs All-Stars Bracket

GO CATS

THEY RIPPED UK HARD IN THIS THING! Read that writeup. I think that that is a little unfair!

I didn't think they ripped UK hard. However, I did see yet another sportswriter took a slap at Rupp. Priceless and should be expected anymore.

Also, I don't think it was necessary to take a shot at Groza & Beard and being banned from the NBA in this type of mock tournament.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better call out the troops for a massive hate mail response …

So you think UK fans should just let it go? How can we let it go when impressions from 40 years ago get rehashed in the press like this? I am beginning to believe that some sportswriters just like to stir it up.

So you think UK fans should just let it go? How can we let it go when impressions from 40 years ago get rehashed in the press like this? I am beginning to believe that some sportswriters just like to stir it up.

If they would let it go, it probably wouldn't be rehashed so often …

I would take UCLA all stars over UK all stars in the title game.

Stating that the 1996 UK team would beat UCLA's all star team would be unrealistic IMHO. It pains me to say that UCLA would probably win that mythical game, ... but what a game it would be to watch with all those players in their prime!

A matchup between the 1996 UK team and a UCLA All-Star team wouldn't even be competitive.

Maybe UK's '96 squad could beat the individual title teams of UCLA. However, I feel confident that out of 10 teams, the Bruins had at least one or two that would rank higher than UK's 96 team. But, those games would be interesting in theory.

A matchup between the 1996 UK team and a UCLA All-Star team wouldn't even be competitive.

Maybe UK's '96 squad could beat the individual title teams of UCLA. However, I feel confident that out of 10 teams, the Bruins had at least one or two that would rank higher than UK's 96 team. But, those games would be interesting in theory.

Sounds like we agree. Not sure why you quoted me as I never said that UK's 1996 team could win this game.

I would take UCLA all stars over UK all stars in the title game.

Stating that the 1996 UK team would beat UCLA's all star team would be unrealistic IMHO.

I thought that spelled out my opinion on that matter.

However, I will state that I believe the '96 UK team was the best collegiate team I ever saw play. No coach at UK has ever or will ever put a team on the floor better than that team IMHO. I would put them up against any UCLA title team, .. but NOT an all star UCLA team. No way.

I will say this about the article, I thought he missed the chance to really give a rundown of the two teams. Forget about who he took a swipe at, he didn't analyze it at all. At least he took a mild stab at the analysis of UCLA/UNC. He seems much more interested in turning it into comedy.

I already didn't like the idea of this because UCLA is so clearly the winner, but I figured that the people putting it on would at least try to make it interesting.

Kentucky's team was anounced per CBS! Lots of old timers... http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10899340

G Ralph Beard

G Tony Delk

F Jack Givens

F Alex Groza

C Bill Spivey

6th Man Cliff Hagan

I might have had Antoine Walker instead of Hagan. It would bring more size off the bench. Then again so would Robey. Macy might have been there for me as well at a guard or as a 6th man.

I will say this about the article, I thought he missed the chance to really give a rundown of the two teams. Forget about who he took a swipe at, he didn't analyze it at all. At least he took a mild stab at the analysis of UCLA/UNC. He seems much more interested in turning it into comedy.

I already didn't like the idea of this because UCLA is so clearly the winner, but I figured that the people putting it on would at least try to make it interesting.

Excellent point. :thumb:

Sounds like we agree. Not sure why you quoted me as I never said that UK's 1996 team could win this game.

I thought that spelled out my opinion on that matter.

However, I will state that I believe the '96 UK team was the best collegiate team I ever saw play. No coach at UK has ever or will ever put a team on the floor better than that team IMHO. I would put them up against any UCLA title team, .. but NOT an all star UCLA team. No way.

I quoted you because you said...

Stating that the 1996 UK team would beat UCLA's all star team would be unrealistic IMHO. It pains me to say that UCLA would probably win that mythical game, ... but what a game it would be to watch with all those players in their prime!

I realize you picked UCLA, but to me, the bolded part implies that it would be a great, competitive game. I disagree. I think a UCLA All-Star team would massacre the '96 UK squad.

So, we agree that UCLA would win. But, we disagree because I think the game would be a massacre.:thumb:

I quoted you because you said...

I realize you picked UCLA, but to me, the bolded part implies that it would be a great, competitive game. I disagree. I think a UCLA All-Star team would massacre the '96 UK squad.

So, we agree that UCLA would win. But, we disagree because I think the game would be a massacre.:thumb:

No way the 96 team wins, but they could score so much that I don't think they would be blown out. They couldn't stop UCLA all-stars but imo they wouldn't be destroyed.

No way the 96 team wins, but they could score so much that I don't think they would be blown out. They couldn't stop UCLA all-stars but imo they wouldn't be destroyed.

We'll just have to disagree then.

PG - Anthony Epps vs. Walt Hazzard

SG - Tony Delk vs. Gail Goodrich

SF - Derek Anderson vs. Ed O'Bannon

PF - Antoine Walker vs. Bill Walton

C - Walter McCarty vs. Lew Alcindor

Sixth Man - Ron Mercer vs. Sidney Wicks

UCLA would have huge advantages at PG, PF, C and Sixth Man. That leaves only two positions you could even argue for UK and those are debatable.

The '96 UK squad would be lucky to hang within 30 points of a UCLA All-Star team.