National Champs All-Stars Bracket

GO CATS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article for college basketball fans. Wish he would have posted complete rosters of 12 to 15 players for all teams to see how they really match up. I am sure Coach Rupp will be listed as the coach for UK obviously, but Pitino and possibly Tubby as assistants, don't know if their styles would have mixed with the Baron's idea of how basketball is or was to be played. Also, I understand the criteria of how he picked the teams, "You have to have won a National Championship, but it just doesn't seem right to have a all-KY team and not have Dan Issel at power forward, but Kansas doesn't get Wilt either:thumb:

Yeah, I don't usually like these things because the answer is always UCLA. The only interesting race is for second.

It reminds me of when the Best Sports Show Period would do the variations of Best Play in their countdowns. Best play, best football play, etc. was always "The Play" from Cal/Stanford.

For speculation's sake, who seems to be the likely starters for UCLA and UK?

Off the top for UCLA, you'd have Kareem at C and Walton at PF. Marques Johnson seems a likely choice at SF. May be a toss-up at PG with Hazzard and Edney. Gail Goodrich seems a likely choice at SG, with Sidney Wicks at 6th man.

One of you Wildcat fans might be better suited for their lineup, since most of the likely starters will have played 50+ years ago. :D

You'll start with Ralph Beard, obviously.

I would take UCLA all stars over UK all stars in the title game.

Stating that the 1996 UK team would beat UCLA's all star team would be unrealistic IMHO. It pains me to say that UCLA would probably win that mythical game, ... but what a game it would be to watch with all those players in their prime!