Is Saint Xavier going to "man up" this year...

I am not sure X has to "man up". Last year they came within 32 seconds of giving Highlands the opportunity to tie. There were 2880 seconds in each game resulting in 43200 seconds in the season. For 43,168 seconds, X looked man enough to stop the streak.

Quite frankly, Trinity has the recipe for success for 6 out of the last 7 years.

Play 1 or two tough teams early. Don't play anyone with a chance to go deep in the playoffs in weeks 6-10 to save injuries. Never play Male, Highlands, Lexington Catholic, or Central in the regular season. Play a Lexington 6A team in week 4 of the playoffs most years. Can't knock them-it has worked great for them. Hopefully someone can stop them some year.

Why does Trinity not play Manual or Male? They are by far the next best two teams in 6A.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure X has to "man up". Last year they came within 32 seconds of giving Highlands the opportunity to tie. There were 2880 seconds in each game resulting in 43200 seconds in the season. For 43,168 seconds, X looked man enough to stop the streak.

Quite frankly, Trinity has the recipe for success for 6 out of the last 7 years.

Play 1 or two tough teams early. Don't play anyone with a chance to go deep in the playoffs in weeks 6-10 to save injuries. Never play Male, Highlands, Lexington Catholic, or Central in the regular season. Play a Lexington 6A team in week 4 of the playoffs most years. Can't knock them-it has worked great for them. Hopefully someone can stop them some year.

Darn. You figured it out. :cry:

You all need to quit worrying about jimmyref, he has a gigantic case of sour grapes that he simply can't get over. I don't care if we play nobodies until game 15, as long as we win it, I am good. Obviously our method works 6/7 times, instead of the opposite.

Why does Trinity not play Manual or Male? They are by far the next best two teams in 6A.

We played Manual 2003-2006, the series was not renewed on account of some sort of conflict between the coaching staffs I believe.

Male won't schedule us unless Bob Redmon thinks he has a high probability of beating us.

Why don't we schedule Highlands, Central or LexCath in the regular season? I don't know. I guess we are to busy ducking the competition by playing teams like Cincy St.X or MBA.

Jimmyref really doesn't mean what he says about Trinity's schedule. He's just trying to get everybody riled up. He's smart enough to recognize that the best team always wins. Sometimes your team is the best and sometimes it's not. That's what games are for, to see who's the best team.

There have been some remarks on here about the number of defensive players that St. X. lost from last season, but in truth we actually return a lot of experience. In the front four there were 10 players who were rotated a lot by DL Coach Bill Glaser, and we return 5 of the 10 (Dorsey, Brutscher, Foy, Wright, and Taylor). Craig Brutscher was actually in for more first plays of the game last season at DE than Trevor Foy.

In the four-man defensive backfield, seven players were consistently rotated, and four of these return (Hall, Kamber, Galbraith, and Sears).

The LB group was the hardest hit by graduation. In the three-man linebacking corps, there were six different players who started various games last season: Combs, Devine, Hilt, Heuser, Carpenter, and McCormick. Although McCormick is the only one of these to return in 2008, Craig Brutscher is being moved from DE to LB to provide further hard-hitting playing experience.

Given the large number of non-listed hungry seniors who have waited eagerly for their day in the sun, supplemented by outstanding candidates from an undefeated JV team and a once-defeated (lost to Cincinnati Moeller) freshman team, all of whom will be added to the highly experienced returnees, the Tiger defense will once again be "tough as nails". :cool:

Bless me Father, for I was wrong. I predicted this thread wouldn't last until Sunday. :lol:

For the record, I'm not sure what's kept X from becoming the dominant team, but as cliche as it sounds, I have to believe that it's in the intangibles. I can't in any good conscience say that X is suffering a lack of quality coaching or talent, or depth.

I do know that if X doesn't win this year, my son's cousin may very well never speak to him again. :lol:

You all need to quit worrying about jimmyref, he has a gigantic case of sour grapes that he simply can't get over. I don't care if we play nobodies until game 15, as long as we win it, I am good. Obviously our method works 6/7 times, instead of the opposite.

RP

Good advice. What are grapes going for these days???

Methinks the best reply to him would be to simply point at the scoreboard as well as the Trophy Case. Just how much luck can one team have ??

St. X never fails to "man up" and any player who thinks otherwise will have cleat marks up and down his chest. (Perhaps one exception could be when Male beat them soundly in the playoffs a couple of years ago.) Granted, T has won more titles than X of late, but no way is it because X has not manned up.

St. X never fails to "man up" and any player who thinks otherwise will have cleat marks up and down his chest. (Perhaps one exception could be when Male beat them soundly in the playoffs a couple of years ago.) Granted, T has won more titles than X of late, but no way is it because X has not manned up.

t...

You are absolutely correct. The X-men never fall short in that department. You had better bring your A game when you face them.

True Play 1 or two tough teams early. True Don't play anyone with a chance to go deep in the playoffs in weeks 6-10 to save injuries. Best team played-Ballard in 2003. True Never play Male, Highlands, Lexington Catholic, or Central in the regular season.True Not in the last 7 years Play a Lexington 6A team in week 4 of the playoffs most years.True on 6 out of 7 years Can't knock them-it has worked great for them. Hopefully someone can stop them some year.

I just point out the facts. T has the recipe.

Take a look before the recipe got perfected.

In 1997, they took on 2 tough teams late, St X( ohio ) and Moeller and played Central- No championship

In 1998 they took on two tough teams late and played Central, No championship

In 1999 the X game got pushed to game 6, they got beat by X,no championship

In 2000, they played Highlands, got beat, no Championship.

In 2001-2007. they played 1 or 2 tough games early, nobody in games 6-10, they didn't play Highlands, Male, Lexington Catholic or Central in the regular season, they get championships. They have figured it out. No sour grapes-just admiration from afar. Your schedule is your schedule and it has been successful once you perfected the recipe. I tip my hat.

I just point out the facts. T has the recipe.

Take a look before the recipe got perfected.

In 1997, they took on 2 tough teams late, St X( ohio ) and Moeller and played Central- No championship

In 1998 they took on two tough teams late and played Central, No championship

In 1999 the X game got pushed to game 6, they got beat by X,no championship

In 2000, they played Highlands, got beat, no Championship.

In 2001-2007. they played 1 or 2 tough games early, nobody in games 6-10, they didn't play Highlands, Male, Lexington Catholic or Central in the regular season, they get championships. They have figured it out. No sour grapes-just admiration from afar. Your schedule is your schedule and it has been successful once you perfected the recipe. I tip my hat.

And the truth will set you free!

For the past few seasons, I've read a lot on BGP and elsewhere about how Saint Xavier has possessed the best football team in 6A (old 4A), and yet every December it seems that Trinity is holding up the trophy.

Again, I am reading that Saint Xavier will have a very solid squad this season and possibly/probably has the best team in 6A.

Any chance that a different team in green (i.e. Saint Xavier) will be hoisting the 6A trophy this December??? I sure hope so... if nothing else it would give Highlands a chance to even up the title count at 18!!!

X has proven they're capable of beating Trinity in the regular season, just not when it counts the most December. That doesn't mean X hasn't "manned up" or come prepared to play. They we were beaten by the better team those nights in December. By "better", I mean Trinity made one or two more plays that made the difference in the outcome. This year, both teams should be fairly even. I give the advantage to T in the regular season meeting...with X pulling the upset in the playoffs.

Talk about stirring the pot!!! St X and Trinity are the 2 best teams in the state year in and year out, and someone is asking St X to 'Man Up'? Where is my popcorn?!?

Just curious, .. how many Kentucky teams besides Trinity have beaten St X in the past decade? I am guessing that is a very short list.