Is Saint Xavier going to "man up" this year...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about stirring the pot!!! St X and Trinity are the 2 best teams in the state year in and year out, and someone is asking St X to 'Man Up'? Where is my popcorn?!?

Just curious, .. how many Kentucky teams besides Trinity have beaten St X in the past decade? I am guessing that is a very short list.

Since 1998?

Off the top of my head:

Male, Meade County, Lexington Catholic and then I am not sure.

Talk about stirring the pot!!! St X and Trinity are the 2 best teams in the state year in and year out, and someone is asking St X to 'Man Up'? Where is my popcorn?!?

Just curious, .. how many Kentucky teams besides Trinity have beaten St X in the past decade? I am guessing that is a very short list.

Fern Creek 98

Male 98, 98, 00, 01, 02, 02, 06, and 06

Cov Cath 99

Meade 01

Lex Cath 03

I just noticed that under the thread "Best Offensive Linemen", they have listed Seth Harvey (6-6, 330, Senior OT) as being at Russell. Has Seth transferred from St. X. back to Russell for his senior year? :confused:

I just noticed that under the thread "Best Offensive Linemen", they have listed Seth Harvey (6-6, 330, Senior OT) as being at Russell. Has Seth transferred from St. X. back to Russell for his senior year? :confused:

Never mind responding to this, I already have an answer. Seth's still at X and planning on a BIG year! :thumb:

XT

Good point and I am sure it was not lost on you (or others) who started this Thread. It would not have come from a T backer (I don't think).

The reason I phrased the title of this thread the way I did is because of this: since the 2005 season I have read a ton of posts from Saint X backers about how their team was really the best team in 6A (old 4A) that year, regardless of which team was holding up the state title trophy at the end of the season (which has been Trinity).

The thread has nothing to do with Male, Manual, LexCath, Highlands, CovCath, the school for the deaf, etc... it has to do with Saint X.

And FYI, I made no effort to mask my interest in Saint X winning 6A titles in the original post... I wish Saint X would take the extra step necessary to wrestle some titles away from Trinity! Heck, I hope that some Saint X players read this, take it personally, work harder to prove me wrong, and take it to Trinity (and everybody else) in the 6A playoffs in 2008!!!! For 5A, I can PROMISE you that this is exactly what the CCH players are doing right now, just as the HHS players did a year ago.

Go Tigers!

The reason I phrased the title of this thread the way I did is because of this: since the 2005 season I have read a ton of posts from Saint X backers about how their team was really the best team in 6A (old 4A) that year, regardless of which team was holding up the state title trophy at the end of the season (which has been Trinity).

That's not entirely accurate. Many X fans have stated that X was the best team in 2005 and 2007 and Male was the best team in 2006. Just wanted to make sure we're all clear on this. :thumb:

That's not entirely accurate. Many X fans have stated that X was the best team in 2005 and 2007 and Male was the best team in 2006. Just wanted to make sure we're all clear on this. :thumb:

I wonder where Trinity fits in, especially at the end of the year?

I heard that St. X is revamping their offense. Still not wanting to throw the ball much, but will instill a new "wishbone" offense. DJ Hall will quarterback, with Deuce, Beach, Jermiah Neal, and others in the backfield.