Is Saint Xavier going to "man up" this year...

For the past few seasons, I've read a lot on BGP and elsewhere about how Saint Xavier has possessed the best football team in 6A (old 4A), and yet every December it seems that Trinity is holding up the trophy.

Again, I am reading that Saint Xavier will have a very solid squad this season and possibly/probably has the best team in 6A.

Any chance that a different team in green (i.e. Saint Xavier) will be hoisting the 6A trophy this December??? I sure hope so... if nothing else it would give Highlands a chance to even up the title count at 18!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall seeing a single person say that X will probably be the best team in the state this year. Link to an X fan saying that?

Until T loses in December, it's theirs to lose, even if X waxes them by 32 or more during the regular season.

I don't recall seeing a single person say that X will probably be the best team in the state this year. Link to an X fan saying that?

Until T loses in December, it's theirs to lose, even if X waxes them by 32 or more during the regular season.

Nice, real nice. CR said it "this ought to be a good thread".

Interestingly, I tried to provide the link to the thread about Saint Xavier in 2008 and the thread about Class 6A in 2008, but BGP must have done some thread erasing in preparation for the upcoming season, since they are no longer there.

I can't remember if they were Saint X fans who wrote it, but I do recall there being BGP'ers writing that "on paper" at least, Saint X has the best team in 6A this year.

Trinity has as much talent on Defense, at every position, as they have ever had. Up front they are big, physical and experienced. At LB and DE they are big, fast, aggressive and experienced. The DB's and safeties are fast, athletic and experienced. Once Trinity develops depth, as they always do, they will be a formidable defense and lots of fun to watch.

On offense Trinity returns the starting center, always a big plus for the OL. Returning starters at, TE (Carrico), receivers (Scott Radcliff and Will Leach), and Mr. Football frontrunner RB Tim Phillips should create lots of thrills, excitement and points with a very capable Cameron Smyth running the show.

I can't wait for the season and I beleive that Trinity is the clear frontrunner for the 2008 6A title.

Trinity will and should be ranked #1 but I like the Tigers chances of taking home the 6A title this year.

XT

As many have said on the "2008 Forcast" thread...it looks like it will always (hopefully) come down to the two of us. Good luck to you all and lets hope to meet again in December.

I happen to think that X is the favorite in 2008...they have the bulk of returning starters, and a serious, serious talent in Deuce.

Actually St. X graduated most of their defensive startes and O-Line as well as Simmons and Brinkman at receiver. Brutcher did split starting time with Zoeller at QB.

All of the Crimson faithful who paid for the privilege of being a member of this chat site community are welcome to discuss their Manual football team. Same goes for the Male, Ballard, etc. backers who care to participate.

There are more St. X and Trinity folks on here and we're all willing to add our two cents worth. Just as Highlands folks dominate 5A discussions and LexCath usually leads the way in 4A. I wish more Central folks were on here. They had a tremendous season and should be in the hunt for a repeat in 3A.

Actually St. X graduated most of their defensive startes and O-Line as well as Simmons and Brinkman at receiver. Brutcher did split starting time with Zoeller at QB.

X returns no starting linebackers and only 1 defensive linemen in Trevor Foy. We do return some experience in the secondary with DJ Hall, Galbrieth and Kamber. Our offense should be efficient, but to use a cliche, defense wins championships.

For the past few seasons, I've read a lot on BGP and elsewhere about how Saint Xavier has possessed the best football team in 6A (old 4A), and yet every December it seems that Trinity is holding up the trophy.

Again, I am reading that Saint Xavier will have a very solid squad this season and possibly/probably has the best team in 6A.

Any chance that a different team in green (i.e. Saint Xavier) will be hoisting the 6A trophy this December??? I sure hope so... if nothing else it would give Highlands a chance to even up the title count at 18!!!

I am not sure X has to "man up". Last year they came within 32 seconds of giving Highlands the opportunity to tie. There were 2880 seconds in each game resulting in 43200 seconds in the season. For 43,168 seconds, X looked man enough to stop the streak.

Quite frankly, Trinity has the recipe for success for 6 out of the last 7 years.

Play 1 or two tough teams early. Don't play anyone with a chance to go deep in the playoffs in weeks 6-10 to save injuries. Never play Male, Highlands, Lexington Catholic, or Central in the regular season. Play a Lexington 6A team in week 4 of the playoffs most years. Can't knock them-it has worked great for them. Hopefully someone can stop them some year.

I am not sure X has to "man up". Last year they came within 32 seconds of giving Highlands the opportunity to tie. There were 2880 seconds in each game resulting in 43200 seconds in the season. For 43,168 seconds, X looked man enough to stop the streak.

Quite frankly, Trinity has the recipe for success for 6 out of the last 7 years.

Play 1 or two tough teams early. Don't play anyone with a chance to go deep in the playoffs in weeks 6-10 to save injuries. Never play Male, Highlands, Lexington Catholic, or Central in the regular season. Play a Lexington 6A team in week 4 of the playoffs most years. Can't knock them-it has worked great for them. Hopefully someone can stop them some year.

This post ought to get this thread going!!! So your saying that Trinity doesn't have play anyone until the finals??