Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton's new field??

Featured Replies

Any word on how close to being done the new field is? I drove by earlier and it looks like they'd lined the fields.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know the week of their football camp the final grade had been leveled and the next step was to put the turf down but I haven't been out there since.

The turf is down but I don't know how much longer until the entire field is done.

I hope someone can get us some pictures...

They still aren't done with the turf though, the endzones are supposed to be painted but they don't yet and I couldn't tell if the center had the SK in it or not yet.

The turf is down but I don't know how much longer until the entire field is done.

 

Thats excellent to hear. Last I saw it, they were still pushing dirt. I cannot wait to see the final result, I just wish that this project would have gone underway while my tenure was still in session. :cry:

The field looks awesome!!!

WOW! Way to go Pioneers! It looks great! One of my fondest memories of high school football was the painfully long bus ride to SK and having to crawl through the window to the visitors lockerroom...only starters, it wouldn't hold the whole team! (lol). I was lying, I hated that trip...but the new facilities (and the new highways) have made it a more enjoyable trip fo' sho' !!

WOW! Way to go Pioneers! It looks great! One of my fondest memories of high school football was the painfully long bus ride to SK and having to crawl through the window to the visitors lockerroom...only starters, it wouldn't hold the whole team! (lol). I was lying, I hated that trip...but the new facilities (and the new highways) have made it a more enjoyable trip fo' sho' !!

 

I drove by the field over the weekend. It looks nice!

 

And at the rate their going on the new highway, it still probably won't be open by football season.

How much does a field like this cost? Million?

  • Author
How much does a field like this cost? Million?

 

Not sure, it was a good bit I know that, the football team is also supposed to get a brand new locker room as well. In addition to that, sometime in the near future they're supposed to get started on what will eventually be a new soccer field and softball field.

 

That is the one nice thing about some schools in KY, is that some of them aren't land locked at all and have room to grow, as is the case for SK. By the time they're completely done in the next 5 or so years this high school campus will look alot like a small college campus.

Not sure, it was a good bit I know that, the football team is also supposed to get a brand new locker room as well. In addition to that, sometime in the near future they're supposed to get started on what will eventually be a new soccer field and softball field.

 

That is the one nice thing about some schools in KY, is that some of them aren't land locked at all and have room to grow, as is the case for SK. By the time they're completely done in the next 5 or so years this high school campus will look alot like a small college campus.

 

It will be a great facility by the time they finish all the plans for the whole campus. I don't know if it will be done in 5 years but you are right about it looking like a small college.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.